Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I have to get my PSA level checked every 3 months to keep an eye on my prostate cancer. I was a bit late getting it done and got 2 reminder phone calls from the Cancer Centre*. Got my blood taken about 2 weeks ago, and phoned up to get the results. The receptionist went over a pile of things I didn't even know were getting checked but no PSA result. "Oh, we don't get that, you have to phone the hospital." Ballix (I didn't actually say that), I've never had to phone the hospital before.

However, the GP definitely didn't have them so phoned the hospital. ""Oh, no, nothing to do with us, if your GP surgery took the tests, they would get the results."

Back to the GP surgery, got the same lassie as I had spoken to earlier, I didn't recognise her voice, but fortunately I didn't criticise her (something along the lines of "silly woman didn't know what she was doing" was running through my head), and they definitely didn't have them so we decided the best course of action was to get another test done, last week.

Phoned yesterday to get the result and was told it had got lost in the system. 

Got an appointment slipped in at 14.10 yesterday afternoon, so third time lucky. 

*However, no more calls from the Cancer Centre, and I'm wondering whether they got the result of the first test, but leaving everyone else in the dark

19 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Got an appointment slipped in at 14.10 yesterday afternoon, so third time lucky. 

Good luck, hope all goes well for you. I had an MRI scan on my leg yesterday (follow-up to the tumour removal op last year) so waiting for the result of that.

At the end of March I was issued with a PCN (Penalty Charge Notice - no, I didn't know what it meant either) - by Birmingham City Council for driving in a Low Emisson Zone without a license.

Only it wasn't me. Someone has cloned my plates (honest, guv), and after a bit of flaffing about I managed with the help of my stepdaughter to get off a rebuttal.

I was told to contact the police, which I did, and they weren't interested, either locally or in Birmingham.

I also contacted the DVA in Cardiff, who told me to put it in writing, which I eventually did.

This happened when my car was due its MoT which it failed, passing 10 days later.

The odometer readings showed I had driven only 40 miles between the two dates (home from the Test Centre and back up again), making it impossible for me to have been in Birmingham when the offence occurred.

The Council have rescinded the fine and I'm currently waiting on a reply from the DVA.

21 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

At the end of March I was issued with a PCN (Penalty Charge Notice - no, I didn't know what it meant either) - by Birmingham City Council for driving in a Low Emisson Zone without a license.

Only it wasn't me. Someone has cloned my plates (honest, guv), and after a bit of flaffing about I managed with the help of my stepdaughter to get off a rebuttal.

I was told to contact the police, which I did, and they weren't interested, either locally or in Birmingham.

I also contacted the DVA in Cardiff, who told me to put it in writing, which I eventually did.

This happened when my car was due its MoT which it failed, passing 10 days later.

The odometer readings showed I had driven only 40 miles between the two dates (home from the Test Centre and back up again), making it impossible for me to have been in Birmingham when the offence occurred.

The Council have rescinded the fine and I'm currently waiting on a reply from the DVA.

Did you get your compo face on?

Granpaw-Broon-and-The-Bairn-framed-90-40

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Did you get your compo face on?

Granpaw-Broon-and-The-Bairn-framed-90-40

Never got in touch with the local press...

"70 year old Grandfather of 16 left traumatised after being hit with £60 fine for offence he didn't commit"

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

ANPR isn't infallible. My dad got a similar PCN for driving through Salisbury and he hadn't been near the place. The image showed the number plate was similar to his, but not the same. AN eyeball check was all that was needed there.

3 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

14 (Fourteen) bars of Alenka from Vladimir (not that one). Good lad.

8D0D2E46-D079-4225-ACE5-8FA001061A9B.jpeg

Are they of steadily diminishing size, inside the next one up, until the last one is the size of a Smartie?

8 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

That's an ancient keyboard! How long have you been rocking that relic? It must be absolutely howling as well. Stuff always falls down around the keys.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

That's an ancient keyboard! How long have you been rocking that relic? It must be absolutely howling as well. Stuff always falls down around the keys.

Probably best part of 5 years at least. And in all that time, I’ve never turned it over to remove any detritus  (guesstimate 75% skin, 25 % crisps)

35 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Probably best part of 5 years at least. And in all that time, I’ve never turned it over to remove any detritus  (guesstimate 75% skin, 25 % crisps)

Did you just refuse one of the flat keys one? Almost all the older 'chunky' keys ones in our office were chucked out after being replaced, hopefully to be disposed in a biohazard waste site.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

I've still got a twenty year old Microsoft Intellitype keyboard; my son stole it for his own computer, and I miss it. Has a PS/2 connector and everything.

Keyboards last forever, and they're dead easy to clean - batter f**k out of them every few months with a stiff-bristled brush and antibacterial wipes. You can even wash them in the shower if you like, and have the patience to let them dry for a few days. They're almost impossible to break.

11 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

I have to get my PSA level checked every 3 months to keep an eye on my prostate cancer. I was a bit late getting it done and got 2 reminder phone calls from the Cancer Centre*. Got my blood taken about 2 weeks ago, and phoned up to get the results. The receptionist went over a pile of things I didn't even know were getting checked but no PSA result. "Oh, we don't get that, you have to phone the hospital." Ballix (I didn't actually say that), I've never had to phone the hospital before.

However, the GP definitely didn't have them so phoned the hospital. ""Oh, no, nothing to do with us, if your GP surgery took the tests, they would get the results."

Back to the GP surgery, got the same lassie as I had spoken to earlier, I didn't recognise her voice, but fortunately I didn't criticise her (something along the lines of "silly woman didn't know what she was doing" was running through my head), and they definitely didn't have them so we decided the best course of action was to get another test done, last week.

Phoned yesterday to get the result and was told it had got lost in the system. 

*However, no more calls from the Cancer Centre, and I'm wondering whether they got the result of the first test, but leaving everyone else in the dark

Good luck with the result, old guy. 

12 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Bribes for selling secrets about the UK concrete industry to the Ruskies, shocking stuff.

8 hours ago, approximately dave said:

No one ever mentioned you can get a few days of work a couple of years ago by using fIzzy pop drinks like Sunkist or some lemon juice to get a false positive out of a LFT for COVID 19.

Are you being serious?

Everyone was at it.