Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

4 hours ago, thomas said:

Can we officially say it's too hot yet? This country and specifically myself are not build for this weather.

Alex Scott seemed to do fine in PVC…maybe you should try it yourself?

On 11/06/2023 at 18:43, scottsdad said:

Visiting my mum yesterday, and she had been going through all my dad's old things. She said to me she had found a folder at the bottom of his wardrobe and wanted me to destroy it. 

Uh oh, I thought. My old man had a "collection" and it was heading my way. But no, it wasn't that. 

It was typed up police files from his time on the force. Cases he was involved in, from 1971 to 1990. as it contains personal info about people mum thought I should burn it. 

I took it home and have been reading through them. Not exactly the script to Line of Duty. Many, many traffic cases such as folk driving without headlights, leaving the engine running whilst the car was unattended, drink driving and so on. The language is quite dated also. 

A few cases that were a bit funny. The schoolboys caught stealing a toy fish from Boots in Falkirk in 1977 (value, 37p), the students "urinating to the annoyance of police constables" and others. 

It has been a fascinating insight into part of his life he never really spoke about. All he ever said was that he never wanted his kids to join the police, and I can see why. Dealing with drunks, getting assaulted, and the endless list of boring traffic cases. 

Reading more last night, and found a football related one. He was working at Brockville in November 1978, a match between Falkirk and Dunfermline. 

A Dunfermline fan was fighting with a Falkirk fan, but as the police approached they got away. Later on they spotted the Dunfermline fan fighting again. My old man chased him, upon which the police witnesses heard him shout "You shower of b*****ds, you'll never catch me". 

They caught him, arrested him for breach of the peace, and he said "I never done nothing" 

Googled the match and Falkirk won 4-1. Good result all round. 

8 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Reading more last night, and found a football related one. He was working at Brockville in November 1978, a match between Falkirk and Dunfermline. 

A Dunfermline fan was fighting with a Falkirk fan, but as the police approached they got away. Later on they spotted the Dunfermline fan fighting again. My old man chased him, upon which the police witnesses heard him shout "You shower of b*****ds, you'll never catch me". 

They caught him, arrested him for breach of the peace, and he said "I never done nothing" 

I remember that season. Berwick Rangers won the league. We only finished fourth despite beating Falkirk three times. 

14 hours ago, thomas said:

Can we officially say it's too hot yet? This country and specifically myself are not build for this weather.

Give it a couple of weeks and you can start saying, "The nights are fair drawin' in..."

Found maggots in the outside wheelie bin, hunners of them. Scooped them out on the ground, poured some boiling water (already have enough flies don't want these cuntos pupating) and I'm now watching the birds have an absolute royal rumble over the feast like some deranged Bill Odie. 

Magpies = hard as nails man, first in fighting each other and barely any other birds got a look in, might have been a different story if a couple of gulls turned up. 

6 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Should offer it for sale on the Falkirk thread. They all say they’ve been supporting Falkirk since the ‘60’s or Brockville or some such,  probably find the perp there willing to buy it.

8 hours ago, thistledo said:

Found maggots in the outside wheelie bin, hunners of them. Scooped them out on the ground, poured some boiling water (already have enough flies don't want these cuntos pupating) and I'm now watching the birds have an absolute royal rumble over the feast like some deranged Bill Odie. 

Magpies = hard as nails man, first in fighting each other and barely any other birds got a look in, might have been a different story if a couple of gulls turned up. 

Put your wheelie bin out on July 4th.

The maggots will march away.

14 hours ago, Venti said:

Put your wheelie bin out on July 4th.

The maggots will march away.

Punted out today thankfully as the missus was freaking out any time she opened it. Pity I didn't have any fishing planned soon. 

Been to the beach the last couple of weekends. Loads of dead squat lobsters washed up week before last. Couple of dessicated catsharks this week. Not sure whether this is normal or some sort of omen. Going to another beach this weekend and i'm a bit scared.