Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

12 hours ago, Venti said:

Been having the tooth falling out dream recently.

Also lucid dream where I can pass through windows.

Often stress and/or anxiety is attributed to the cause. I get this sort of dream every now and again. 

Usually at least once a week I get a plane crash related dream, sometimes I'm a passenger, sometimes I'm in control and sometimes I'm just watching. I used to worry about crashing and wake up in a panic. Now I'm just a bit like Edward Norton in Fight Club kind of waiting for it / wanting it to happen. I think its something to do with setting difficult goals or taking on too much, it's probably right at the moment tbh. 

Also, weirdly last night I dreamt about a girl on a train I'd never seen before, she was very pretty and gave me a kiss, wanted to see me again. I treated her to getting her nails done and she was amazed at the gesture. We were walking down a busy stretch of road with pubs and restaurants talking about something I can't remember now and then I woke up. Always find it odd your brain can craft a persons face you've never seen before. 

10 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

He genuinely should have told her to f**k right off with that moronic, high school level immature pish.

A foot should have been very firmly placed down regarding such behaviour.

Acht, it’s a little game both sexes play. They are essentially testing us on our hearing skills over the year. Were we paying attention when they said “oh, i like x,y,z” and they were hinting that presents related to this would be good. If we don’t get anything, they win. By saying “don’t get me anything” and you head this advice,  They get to betray you as the baddy and get even better make up gifts than expected. We do our bit in the game, by buying shit that will cost half as much as a the make up presents would. They get gifts, you seem like the good guy and have saved a fortune. Everyones a winner. 

5 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Often stress and/or anxiety is attributed to the cause. I get this sort of dream every now and again. 

Usually at least once a week I get a plane crash related dream, sometimes I'm a passenger, sometimes I'm in control and sometimes I'm just watching. I used to worry about crashing and wake up in a panic. Now I'm just a bit like Edward Norton in Fight Club kind of waiting for it / wanting it to happen. I think its something to do with setting difficult goals or taking on too much, it's probably right at the moment tbh. 

Also, weirdly last night I dreamt about a girl on a train I'd never seen before, she was very pretty and gave me a kiss, wanted to see me again. I treated her to getting her nails done and she was amazed at the gesture. We were walking down a busy stretch of road with pubs and restaurants talking about something I can't remember now and then I woke up. Always find it odd your brain can craft a persons face you've never seen before. 

Think that's a regular one for me too.

Just a weird amalgamation of famous women morphing into a person on a train/bus.

Then wake up when you get too 'excited'.

3 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Acht, it’s a little game both sexes play. They are essentially testing us on our hearing skills over the year. Were we paying attention when they said “oh, i like x,y,z” and they were hinting that presents related to this would be good. If we don’t get anything, they win. By saying “don’t get me anything” and you head this advice,  They get to betray you as the baddy and get even better make up gifts than expected. We do our bit in the game, by buying shit that will cost half as much as a the make up presents would. They get gifts, you seem like the good guy and have saved a fortune. Everyones a winner. 

I learned a long long time ago that when she says " I love it "  you agree and "it " appears. I do have some red lines (very few ) which usually involve  items from the catalogues enclosed with the daily papers.  Shades of Billy Connolly there but returning some items can be a real pain in the arse.

43 minutes ago, thistledo said:

I used to have one where I would be looking out towards hills and plane takes off in the distance, banks and then slams into the ground behind the hills in a massive fireball and i would just stand there helpless. 
the face on the bus/train. I can’t remember what one, but a podcast was talking about dreams and peoples faces and said that the faces you think are created in your dreams are actually peoples faces that you have walked past in the street, possibly not even giving a second glance to. Not sure how much truth is in it though. 

46 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

That sounds like madness to me.

Genuinely don't know why anyone would put up with that from another person.

1 hour ago, thistledo said:

I read somewhere that we don't make up faces in our dreams and we will have seen every face in real life at some point.

See @buchan30 has posted the same, that's no where I read it.

Edited by thomas

23 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

I used to have one where I would be looking out towards hills and plane takes off in the distance, banks and then slams into the ground behind the hills in a massive fireball and i would just stand there helpless. 
the face on the bus/train. I can’t remember what one, but a podcast was talking about dreams and peoples faces and said that the faces you think are created in your dreams are actually peoples faces that you have walked past in the street, possibly not even giving a second glance to. Not sure how much truth is in it though. 

Just now, thomas said:

I read somewhere that we don't make up faces in our dreams and we will have seen every face in real life at some point.

I feel like I'd likely recall if I'd seen this girl, I was definitely punching in my dream, she was a solid 9 but seemed quite girl next door. Weird. 

2 hours ago, thistledo said:

Usually at least once a week I get a plane crash related dream, sometimes I'm a passenger, sometimes I'm in control and sometimes I'm just watching. I used to worry about crashing and wake up in a panic.

Not a bundle of laughs for your passengers either TBH.

1 hour ago, thomas said:

Isn't it also said that in each dream we only see 1 other specific person?

1 hour ago, thomas said:

That must include photos and art etc, because I think I'd remember meeting Satan face to face.

32 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

My regular go-to dream is where you either have to get somewhere in a hurry or are trying to gtf away from something, yet your legs are like lead and you can barely move.

I figured it out for when that happens to me, is when one of the cats sleeps on my legs on top of the duvet. 

6 minutes ago, GordonD said:

It's six months to the day since I had the tumour removed from my leg. The wound has healed nicely but the course of radiotherapy I had at the beginning of the year has brought out a couple of blisters that still need the dressing changed three times a week, but everything is heading in the right direction and two follow-up scans have come back all clear.

Thank you, NHS.

You ken the drill. 

Outside on the street with your pots and pans every Tuesday night for six months 

14 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

I was expecting a pic of his fabby dug engulfed in feathers and entrails.

If she was there it would've been a likely scenario but the more likely scenario is she would've been outsmarted by the pigeon.

Here's a picture of the mutt for good measure 

20230225_082553.jpg