Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I'm completely ambivalent about Messi. I don't have any sort of footballing affection for him as I did/do for many other footballers. 

I was wondering why this is and then I realised that it's because I've hardly actually seen him play.

When I was younger I'd see loads of top footballers due to Football Italia, MOTD, the Champions League, UEFA Cup and Cup Winners Cup, all of which were on terredtial TV. The European competitions felt more special as they hadn't yet been watered down and 'fixed' for the big teams like they became.

However out of the aforementioned sources, I only watch MOTD now. Haven't watched Champions League games or Europe League games for years and don't have any interest in them at all.

I've only really seen Messi a few times when playing at the World Cup, and I've not seen all of Argentina's games. Therefore the few times I've seen him he hasn't particularly stood out as potentially the greatest player ever and I've been a bit disappointed, aside from a couple of moments.

I'm not saying he isn't a great player or anything like that. Just that I feel totally 'meh' about him.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

I'm completely ambivalent about Messi. I don't have any sort of footballing affection for him as I did/do for many other footballers. 

I was wondering why this is and then I realised that it's because I've hardly actually seen him play.

When I was younger I'd see loads of top footballers due to Football Italia, MOTD, the Champions League, UEFA Cup and Cup Winners Cup, all of which were on terredtial TV. The European competitions felt more special as they hadn't yet been watered down and 'fixed' for the big teams like they became.

However out of the aforementioned sources, I only watch MOTD now. Haven't watched Champions League games or Europe League games for years and don't have any interest in them at all.

I've only really seen Messi a few times when playing at the World Cup, and I've not seen all of Argentina's games. Therefore the few times I've seen him he hasn't particularly stood out as potentially the greatest player ever and I've been a bit disappointed, aside from a couple of moments.

I'm not saying he isn't a great player or anything like that. Just that I feel totally 'meh' about him.

I saw him take the absolute piss out of Hibs for half an hour at Murrayfield in a friendly, is that enough proof of his greatness...

2 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I saw him take the absolute piss out of Hibs for half an hour at Murrayfield in a friendly, is that enough proof of his greatness...

Taking the piss out of Hibs is a rather low bar.

Just now, Empty It said:

Bringing the site down for maintenance during national hangover Sunday after Engerland were pumped out the WC, poor form.

I thought he was trying too hard on twitter.  Site crashes after St Mirren and England defeats. Your fooling no one. Just rename it Jellied eels and Mash.

10 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

yer also older.

that plays a massive part. I've an insane fondness for loads of 90s footballers.

Making up a reference list, it surprises me how many people were given first and middle names that collectively spell B.J.

I can only presume that the term 'BJ' is a relatively recent (~1970s onwards) development?  🤨

Eta: a very niche complaint, but whoever came up with the 'Chicago' referencing system deserves to see the inside of a Brazen Bull.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Apparently there's been an incident offshore in Qatar between 3 Aberdonian's.

1 boy has murdered his room mate and left another in intensive care. Battered them over the head and bundled them up in sheets. Some boy, Scott Forrest? I think, is the accused.

Nothing in the news about it, being in Qatar.

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Apparently there's been an incident offshore in Qatar between 3 Aberdonian's.

1 boy has murdered his room mate and left another in intensive care. Battered them over the head and bundled them up in sheets. Some boy, Scott Forrest? I think, is the accused.

Nothing in the news about it, being in Qatar.

Sounds like a typical night out in Qatar tbh.

13 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Apparently there's been an incident offshore in Qatar between 3 Aberdonian's

After reading that part above, I was genuinely expecting it to be followed by something like the following:

Authorities asked them if they'll all be staying together, to which the Aberdonians say "aye, is that a problem? I suppose Qatar has some funny rules when it comes to men staying under the same roof?".

Qatari says: "Not a problem with you lot, we can trust you"

"Ha, good to know we don't look gay" says one Aberdonian.

Qatari then says "No, I thought if you were going to be doing anything of a sexual nature then you'd have a sheep with you"