Jump to content

Things you want to share with P&B


Ad Lib

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I know I've posted a few articles from this publication on here in the past, BUT...

Who'd live in Lancashire?

Who wouldn't?  Manchester and Cheshire are 'hot' with so much new development.  Plus the Unis of Lancaster and Manchester are world-class.

Just because someone in Lancs slapped you about the coupon with a pease pudding doesn't mean you have to write off the entire region.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Who wouldn't?  Manchester and Cheshire are 'hot' with so much new development.  Plus the Unis of Lancaster and Manchester are world-class.

Just because someone in Lancs slapped you about the coupon with a pease pudding doesn't mean you have to write off the entire region.

 

It wasn't a pease pudding, it was a Hollands Meat & Potato fucking pie.

Have you ever been to Lancashire?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

 

It wasn't a pease pudding, it was a Hollands Meat & Potato fucking pie.

Have you ever been to Lancashire?

Literally hunners of times from playing the Uni of Lancs at egg-chasing in the 80s to managing a sales team in Warrington in the 90s to taking my son back to Uni last week.

I know you had a torrid time.  But you're now away from the big bad Lancastrians,  Let it go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Who wouldn't?  Manchester and Cheshire are 'hot' with so much new development.  Plus the Unis of Lancaster and Manchester are world-class.

Just because someone in Lancs slapped you about the coupon with a pease pudding doesn't mean you have to write off the entire region.

This woman makes a compelling argument.

See the source image

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

This woman makes a compelling argument.

See the source image

 

Thanks Zen, I rest my case...

That incident would make Barr Crescent and Fraser Avenue seem like Utopia.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

This woman makes a compelling argument.

See the source image

That's me two years sober today. No more shitting in the seaweed at the Chinese Buffet for me (probably).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is the sort of video historians in 250 years will watch and wonder what living in such an age of madness was like. Just spectacularly weird and unhinged.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

This is the sort of video historians in 250 years will watch and wonder what living in such an age of madness was like. Just spectacularly weird and unhinged.

 

I'm not entirely sure what Captain Tom stood for beyond his daughters want to grift.

But I'm glad she's a former medical.student......

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I know I've posted a few articles from this publication on here in the past, BUT...

Who'd live in Lancashire?

https://www.lancs.live/news/uk-world-news/policewoman-feared-bulldog-would-rip-25153821?utm_source=lancs_live_newsletter&utm_campaign=daily_newsletter2&utm_medium=email

Ach it's  not, or wasn't, that bad.

I lived in Bolton, Horwich and Chorley for 10 years and it was sound enough. 1 house (garage actually) break-in and 1 car break-in to show for it so not bad.

Actually, the Polis who came to "investigate " (I use the term in it's loosest possible sense) were probably more crooked than the crooks as they suggested the crime report could be expanded to include stuff we didn't own such as kid's bikes - we didn't even have kids! 

Terrible accents in Bolton though. Worse than Dundee.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Ach it's  not, or wasn't, that bad.

I lived in Bolton, Horwich and Chorley for 10 years and it was sound enough. 1 house (garage actually) break-in and 1 car break-in to show for it so not bad.

Actually, the Polis who came to "investigate " (I use the term in it's loosest possible sense) were probably more crooked than the crooks as they suggested the crime report could be expanded to include stuff we didn't own such as kid's bikes - we didn't even have kids! 

Terrible accents in Bolton though. Worse than Dundee.

 

It's not just the Polis who are into defrauding insurance companies. My partner had a minor collision with another car in a Tesco Supermarket car park. Damage was minimal but insurance companies had to be notified. The (4) occupants of the other car all claimed to have suffered whiplash injuries!

Come to think about it I'm now paying about half for car insurance compared to what I was paying down there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

 

It's not just the Polis who are into defrauding insurance companies. My partner had a minor collision with another car in a Tesco Supermarket car park. Damage was minimal but insurance companies had to be notified. The (4) occupants of the other car all claimed to have suffered whiplash injuries!

Come to think about it I'm now paying about half for car insurance compared to what I was paying down there.

c***s like that should be charged with fraudulent claims, they're the reason our insurance is sky high

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Realised the other day that I haven't been to Glasgow (or anywhere SW of the Mollinsburn turnoff) since Jan 2018, which seemed to upset a certain Weegie who evidently thought it's the centre of the universe.

Anything of need or interest to me requiring a city can be done through Edinburgh or Aberdeen these days (seeing Kevin Bridges at TECA tonight for example).

The only away games of interest I've been given since then have been Queens Park, Dumbarton, Clyde and Albion Rovers, all of which are utterly sh*te (and usually soggy) away days that I'd already done multiple times.  From the exception of considering going to Hampden, which I got fed up of going to midweek over the more recent years, I've had no reason to go down that way. 

Was down in the Borders (highly underrated btw) last week, Edinburgh and Fife the week before, Sutherland the week before that, Orkney a month or two before, Leeds whenever the Queen's jubilee was (bad timing there) etc etc, so it's not like I've been stuck at home.

Edited by Hedgecutter
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...