Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

21 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

As a child, breakfast in bed seemed like some sort of mad luxury.

As an adult it's quite clearly absolutely appalling and should never be considered.

Are there psychos here who do it as adults?

I don't ever remember getting breakfast in bed as a child.  

It doesn't make any sense to get up, make breakfast, and then take it back to bed.  

35 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I don't ever remember getting breakfast in bed as a child.  

It doesn't make any sense to get up, make breakfast, and then take it back to bed.  

The point is for someone else to make it, as a treat, so you don't need to get up. 

I think it would be nice to get the odd bacon roll brought in at the weekend but the most i get is a badly made coffee. 

6 minutes ago, coprolite said:

The point is for someone else to make it, as a treat, so you don't need to get up. 

I think it would be nice to get the odd bacon roll brought in at the weekend but the most i get is a badly made coffee. 

Aye, I know but then you're eating alone or your partner has to make it then get back to bed.  It's probably fine for Mother's Day or Father's Day t.b.f. 

When I was a late teen early 20 I used to eat supper in bed but I realise now how manky it was.

2 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Aye, I know but then you're eating alone or your partner has to make it then get back to bed.  It's probably fine for Mother's Day or Father's Day t.b.f. 

When I was a late teen early 20 I used to eat supper in bed but I realise now how manky it was.

Eating alone sounds just fine to me. It's all theoretical anyway. 

34 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Eating alone sounds just fine to me. It's all theoretical anyway. 

32 minutes ago, virginton said:

They can start cleaning the house while they're up. 

"Cheers Hen, you've made too much for just the one but I'll eat what I can.  Now get yourself back into the kitchen and get cleaned up".

image.png.b5b3593b65d9b0a09c3517f8cb4d5373.png

Apple fans amirite

Steve Jobs left an indelible footprint on the technology industry. Now, a different kind of legacy – in the form of a “well-used” pair of Birkenstocks that still retain his feet’s imprints – has fetched a record-breaking price at auction.

A suede pair of the beloved German sandals, worn by Steve Jobs in the 1970s and 1980s, sold this week for nearly $220,000, the highest price ever paid for a pair of sandals, according to an auction house.

“The cork and jute footbed retains the imprint of Steve Jobs’ feet, which had been shaped after years of use,” Julien’s Auctions said in the listing on its website.

The late Jobs wore the Birkenstock Arizona sandals while pacing the floors of the California house where he and Steve Wozniak co-founded Apple in 1976. The sandals, which retail today for $125, were expected to sell for $60,000. Sold with an accompanying NFT to an unnamed buyer, the final sale price came to $218,750, Julien’s said.

“Steve Jobs wore these sandals during many pivotal moments in Apple’s history,” the listing said. “In 1976, he hatched the beginnings of Apple computer in a Los Altos garage with Apple’s co-founder Steve Wozniak while occasionally wearing these sandals.”

The sandals were a foundational part of Jobs’ wardrobe. According to the Washington Post, a former girlfriend said in a 2018 interview that he even wore them in winter. “The sandals were part of his simple side. They were his uniform,” said Chrisann Brennan. “The great thing about a uniform is that you don’t have to worry about what to wear in the morning.”

The sandals have been featured in multiple exhibits from New York to Milan.

Jobs and Wozniak co-founded Apple at Jobs’ parents’ house in Los Altos, California. The property was named a historic landmark by the Los Altos Historical Commission in 2013.

Jobs died in 2011 from complications of pancreatic cancer.

These things probably have some major stank as in his early days Jobs didn't believe in bathing. Unsure if the complimentary NFT has smell-o-vision.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Just played 5s for first time in about 12 or 13 years. Utterly burst. 

Wait until you say this every 7-14 days!

I get so frustrated with myself, I feel myself getting physically slower every couple of weeks and know I'm not as sharp, I also take longer to recover from knocks etc. I know it's all age related and there's very little I can do about it. I had to give up amateurs when I was about 30 because my knee was goosed. 

My kids laugh at me as they suggest it's time for the walking football, I probably will at some point but not until I am at least in my 50's!

Does any of our older generation on here play walking football? Surely there must be some kind of urge to make a sprint for the ball if it is 5ft in front of you?

In a few weeks and at the grand old age of 43,  I'm about to take the plunge and start working for myself for the first time.

My overriding feeling about the whole journey so far as I again sit immersed in endless walls of text on the .gov website, is that HMRC needs burned to the ground and started over from scratch. They couldn't possibly make starting a small company any less appealing. Hopefully when I'm up and running, once I've fulfilled all my administrative obligations I'll have a few hours left at the end of each week to try and earn some money.

In a few weeks and at the grand old age of 43,  I'm about to take the plunge and start working for myself for the first time.
My overriding feeling about the whole journey so far as I again sit immersed in endless walls of text on the .gov website, is that HMRC needs burned to the ground and started over from scratch. They couldn't possibly make starting a small company any less appealing. Hopefully when I'm up and running, once I've fulfilled all my administrative obligations I'll have a few hours left at the end of each week to try and earn some money.
Think positive: once your company is worth millions you'll be loaded as our Government won't tax you [emoji106]

1 hour ago, Zetterlund said:

Good luck. If I can do it anyone can. Worked for myself for about 18 years now in one capacity or another. 

Edited by Shandon Par

1 hour ago, Zetterlund said:

Good luck - working for myself is the best thing I ever did.

It's bloody fantastic.

Good luck. If I can do it anyone can. Worked for myself for about 18 years now in one capacity or another. 
More through need than choice in your case though? Probably hard trying to convince someone to hire a real life Stan Laurel?...