Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

3 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

McDonalds adverts on the radio. "Try a caramel waffle latte...because it's Christmas".

No, it isn't.

Been Christmas since September where I am.  I'm considered Scrooge because I hold off with the tree and decorations until Dec 1.

Not Bairnardo. 

Police baffled as tiny pedal-powered car spotted on road

Pedal-powered-car-1694858.avif?r=1668097

A police commander was taken aback when he spotted a pedal-powered car on a major city road.

Scott McGrath was met with the bizarre sight when he looked out of the window during a meeting in Stoke-on-Trent on November 8.

People soon flocked to Stoke-on-Trent Live's Facebook page to comment on the sighting.

One person wrote: "Thought it was an escaped pram!"

Another person commented: "Saw this outside Tesco a few weeks ago; he was loading it up with shopping; unbelievable how much he managed to fit in."

A third person added: "Only in Hanley.

A Geordie who was caught with a bundle of fake 'twenty poond' notes that he planned to spend has kept his freedom.
William Hickson's £820 wad of cash appeared to be genuine at first glance, with images of economist Adam Smith and pin factory workers featured on the reverse side.

64407983-11412677-image-a-26_16680896109
But at a closer look, pictures of the money show the wording of 'twenty pounds' has been substituted with the geordie slang 'twenty poond'.
The bundle of 41 fakes had been found in Hickson's sock when he was searched at Forth Banks Police station in Newcastle following an unrelated arrest 18 months ago.
Newcastle Crown Court heard the notes were examined by an expert from the Bank of England, who confirmed the dodgy wad was fake

"Other parents revealed they had also witnessed X-rated encounters in the facilities at the shopping centre on a Facebook post.

One claimed: "I’ve walked in on all sorts of teenagers in the breastfeeding rooms getting up to no good, especially on Thursday nights.

"It’s disgusting how Westfield let them get away with it, something needs to be done.""

I guess Westfield shopping mall is going to be busy Thursday nights from now!

On 09/11/2022 at 21:02, scottsdad said:

I had a meeting today in a building at work I have never been to before. Quite new, security pass needed to get in. All high tech and beautiful, a monument of glass and steel.

Was shown round the fancy conference rooms and labs. The guys showing me round were expecting a reaction like this (1:30 in):

But for me the real treasure was the toilets. The only word I can think of to describe them is palatial. All decked out in soft colours and beautiful chrome. Well, I thought, no time like the present.

I availed myself of the rare opportunity. And as I sat there, I thought about the bog in my own building. The one that smells like a sewer. Cracked sink, overflowing bin, soap dispenser that doesn't work so there is a bar (!) of soap instead. Well, there was only one answer, really. I hollowed myself out from the armpits down.

These guys must have wondered if I was in trouble or ill, for I took my time.

As I left, I actually muttered to myself out loud "Not so fancy now, eh?"

The Profs. office?

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

The Profs. office?

His office is a shocker. Austere is the word I would use. Literally one desk and one chair. No decoration, no shelves of books, nothing. He uses a laptop that he takes home at nights so not even a computer. 

I know several colleagues who would happily leave him a wee jobby on the carpet.