Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

4 hours ago, Oystercatcher said:

A bearing had went, manufacturing problem, pull chord completely stuck.

Doesn't instill confidence that the thing will last 2 years if it breaks after 2 weeks.

To add to my rage it took 50 minutes to get from east Kilbride to Hamilton because the schools are back 

It's still the case that a lot of products have significantly higher failure rates early in their working lives.

Before manufacturing tolerances were so (frankly, incredibly!) tight, it was quite common to burn-in high stress, low volume items.

Your mower might be absolutely fine for the next few years.

On holiday halfway up Loch Fyne this week. Have been coming here 40+ years man and boy. Never before however have I come across on of these chaps as I did this morning. He didn’t seem too fussed, looked like he’d had a decent recent feed…

98F5783D-ADA4-4841-B54F-D4CF4D9F92A5.jpeg

2 hours ago, alta-pete said:

On holiday halfway up Loch Fyne this week. Have been coming here 40+ years man and boy. Never before however have I come across on of these chaps as I did this morning. He didn’t seem too fussed, looked like he’d had a decent recent feed…

"There are only around ten recorded cases of death from adder bite in the last 100 years, and most bites occur when the snake has been disturbed or deliberately antagonised."

From the British Reptile and Amphibian Society

Apparently there's a few up the Lammermuirs as well. 

2 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

"There are only around ten recorded cases of death from adder bite in the last 100 years, and most bites occur when the snake has been disturbed or deliberately antagonised."

From the British Reptile and Amphibian Society

Apparently there's a few up the Lammermuirs as well. 

They hate c***s with cameras I read.

2 hours ago, alta-pete said:

I remember going my Duke of Edinburgh silver awards hike by Loch Laggan, would have been about 15 years ago, we found 2 of them about 50 feet from our campsite one evening. Only time I’ve ever seen snakes in the wild. Made a hell of a lot of noise. 

10 hours ago, Oystercatcher said:

A bearing had went, manufacturing problem, pull chord completely stuck.

Doesn't instill confidence that the thing will last 2 years if it breaks after 2 weeks.

To add to my rage it took 50 minutes to get from east Kilbride to Hamilton because the schools are back 

Did you take a photo? @Bigmouth Strikes Again would be interested!😉

6 hours ago, alta-pete said:

That's a worm, I see them twice a week, here. What you do, is make a noise as loud as you can, the f**k off quickly, if not jump on it, and bite it's head off! Cook it, with spicy sauce and rice, feed a table of 4.

9 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I remember going my Duke of Edinburgh silver awards hike by Loch Laggan, would have been about 15 years ago, we found 2 of them about 50 feet from our campsite one evening. Only time I’ve ever seen snakes in the wild. Made a hell of a lot of noise. 

I bet you did.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/aug/17/japan-government-launches-competition-to-get-people-drinking-alcohol-drinks-tax-revenue

"The Japanese government has launched a nationwide competition calling for ideas to encourage people to drink more alcohol after a change in attitudes among the young resulted in a slide in tax revenues.

The Sake Viva! campaign, which is being run by the National Tax Agency (NTA), asks 20- to 39-year-olds to come up with proposals to help revitalise the popularity of alcoholic drinks, which have fallen out of favour because of lifestyle changes during the coronavirus pandemic and among young people."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking forward to the UK version.

3 hours ago, hk blues said:

As an aside, in Korea they are not allowed to sell smartphones that have silent mode on their smartphones for obvious reasons.  

P.S. It may be in Japan.  

I'm perplexed. What are the obvious reasons?

14 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Of course you have.

images.jpeg-3.jpg

18 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I'm perplexed. What are the obvious reasons?

Privacy Laws ahem. Actually it applies in both Japan and Korea.

South Korea also followed suit

But unlike Japan, where wireless carriers took a step, in Korea, the government itself set a recommendation in 2004 to have phones always make a sound louder than 65 decibels when a photo is taken. This was also done to curb spy shots and boost privacy.

Why do Japanese phones have shutter sound?

Image result

And, unfortunately, it's also the birthplace of creeps taking photos with their phones that they shouldn't be taking, like up a woman's skirt. As a result, mobile phone carriers in Japan worked with mobile phone manufacturers to make the annoying shutter sound standard (and irremovable) on all phones.

22 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

They're all massive perverts.

Not like over here obviously. 

Aye, but at least in the UK perverts can carry on with their work without pesky shutter sounds alerting their victims.