Jump to content

Things you want to share with P&B


Ad Lib

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Empty It said:

Lost a filling today, tooth in agony, phoned NHS24 and there is nowhere open in Edinburgh until tomorrow so just going to the boozer to get plastered, best pain relief.

 

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Whisky is your friend. They've got an emergency weekend dental clinic in Inverness, bit far for you though.

^^^ is right.

Don’t just neck the stuff though. Or mix it with anything.  

Take it neat, sloosh it round and round the affected tooth for as long as you can manage before you finally need to swallow. And repeat.

Antiseptic of the alcohol kills the bugs in you mouth, mildly anaesthetic to numb the pain into the bargain and rip roaring pished inside an hour. You’ll be fine. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I'm nearly 2 miles away from the Bught Park in Inverness and can hear the band Texas perform almost clearly just now.

Snap, fucking annoying.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Empty It said:

Lost a filling today, tooth in agony, phoned NHS24 and there is nowhere open in Edinburgh until tomorrow so just going to the boozer to get plastered, best pain relief.

Novocaine. The dealer in your local might have something similar.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

 

^^^ is right.

Don’t just neck the stuff though. Or mix it with anything.  

Take it neat, sloosh it round and round the affected tooth for as long as you can manage before you finally need to swallow. And repeat.

Antiseptic of the alcohol kills the bugs in you mouth, mildly anaesthetic to numb the pain into the bargain and rip roaring pished inside an hour. You’ll be fine. 

I’ve got a wisdom tooth that tries to kill me for a couple of days every 5 years or so and I skoosh some chloraseptic into cheap whisky for that bit of anaesthetic. It’s not bad. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm actually no happy the football is back next weekend, I've had a class summer and I'm no ready for normality to return :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Now I have a hangover and toothache, also to add to an already shite day I've accidentally turned up to my appointment 20 minutes early, f**k mondays.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Now I have a hangover and toothache, also to add to an already shite day I've accidentally turned up to my appointment 20 minutes early, f**k mondays.

Wait until they do a wallet biopsy on you to pay for the tooth repair.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Trying to get stuff organised for refurbing bathroom. Spoke with someone at Howdens in Leith last Thursday re. some fairly expensive worktops........"Oh aye, we can come out and measure up, do the templating and the instal...."

Great, thinks I, so today I traipse all the way across town (a major undertaking in Edinburgh atm) to see the material in the flesh and get chatting to a guy in the showroom.

"We only template and instal when we're doing the whole job. You'll have to get your joiner to do it on-site...." I really had to bite my lip..........................

So Howdens lost out on circa. 2.5k and I still need to find some decent worktops.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Trying to get stuff organised for refurbing bathroom.

^^^^ Fitting a new handle on the bucket.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, GordonD said:

^^^^ Fitting a new handle on the bucket.

I'm from Capital City, not Galashiels, you ignoramus.....(You don't work in Howdens at South Fort and have a straggly wee beard a la Shaggy from Scooby Doo, do you ?)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Trying to get stuff organised for refurbing bathroom. Spoke with someone at Howdens in Leith last Thursday re. some fairly expensive worktops..

Worktops for the bathroom, what are you planning on doing in there?

Edited by welshbairn
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Worktops for the bathroom, what are you planning on doing in there, prepping dinner?

Oh come on, she needs somewhere to line up the candles whilst she's luxuriating in an emulsion of unicorn milk and manuka honey.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...