Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

The last set of Higher results I got was two As (probably equivalent to a degree now)

I still think I got someone else's results. It allowed me to tax dodge at Aberdeen Uni though.

The way things turned out I'm not sure I'd have been any worse off financially now if I'd had to get a job instead.

Edited by tamthebam

16 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

It is exam results day, and my sons Higher results are now out via text / email.

He is still in bed, he usually gets up about 11 so we wont know til at least then  !

This post may move to "reasons to be cheerful" or "heads gone" thread later...............

Me right now 👇

Stressed Too Much GIF by NewQuest

Is he practising for Uni? It won't  be long before he can stay in bed until afternoon at this rate.

15 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Same here. Except my son didn't sign up to get them via text so we wait for the postman to bring them.

We usually get our post at about 1 pm. 

Thats a some wait................

Ours just arrived, I took the envelope into the room and he said "leave it there, I am going back to sleep" !!!!

7 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

The last set of Higher results I got was two As (probably equivalent to a degree now)

I still think I got someone else's results. It allowed me to tax dodge at Aberdeen Uni though.

The way things turned out I'm not sure I'd have been any worse off financially now if I'd had to get a job instead.

Aye, me too - although I was going out to gigs the night before and wasnt really taking them seriously !

6 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Is he practising for Uni? It won't  be long before he can stay in bed until afternoon at this rate.

No doubt 

42 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

It is exam results day, and my sons Higher results are now out via text / email.

He is still in bed, he usually gets up about 11 so we wont know til at least then  !

This post may move to "reasons to be cheerful" or "heads gone" thread later...............

Me right now 👇

Absolutely love the dedication to being a lazy b*****d teenager that he won't get up early even for his higher results 😂

13 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Excellent effort, and you don't have to give him the bonus you promised for 5As

Win, win.

Yep, although his predicted grade for the B (English) was an A band 2, so it will probably be appealed.

Still a chance of a wallet skelping in a month or so....................

2 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Yep, although his predicted grade for the B (English) was an A band 2, so it will probably be appealed.

Still a chance of a wallet skelping in a month or so....................

Wait till he goes to Uni.  That's when you really know what a wallet skelping is...

5 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Me right now 👇

I was on a Scout expedition somewhere abroad when my results came through.  I had phoned my mum in general who at that point informed me that they were in, and when she asked if I'd like her to open them for me, I just said "nah, I'll see them when I get back in just over a week or so".

Envelope was in her hand when she picked me up from Edinburgh airport.  "Right, open it!!!".

5 hours ago, Left Back said:

Wait till he goes to Uni.  That's when you really know what a wallet skelping is...

My mum said from the start: "you can go to uni if you want, but don't expect me to pay for it".

As far as she was concerned, me going to uni was synonymous with 'leaving home'.  One of my brother's had moved into my old bedroom within a fortnight of me leaving for halls, so there wasn't any of this "going back home for the weekend / summer" thing that many others seem to have.

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

My boy's results are in. 3xA, 1xB and 1xC.

The C he will appeal - the fire alarm went off during the exam and he had been predicted to get an A. 

Reading the SQA appeal stuff, it seems that unless the school fucked the supporting evidence, he should get bumped up.

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

My mum said from the start: "you can go to uni if you want, but don't expect me to pay for it".

As far as she was concerned, me going to uni was synonymous with 'leaving home'.  One of my brother's had moved into my old bedroom within a fortnight of me leaving for halls, so there wasn't any of this "going back home for the weekend / summer" thing that many others seem to have.

Mrs B told ours that even if he went to Edinburgh Uni he was still leaving home.  He went to uni in London instead.  I still have nightmares thinking about how much it cost (and we didn't pay for all the tuition fees).  We had his room redecorated within a few weeks but London was a bit too far for regular weekends home anyway.