Jump to content

Things you want to share with P&B


Ad Lib

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I haven’t been inside a Wetherspoons in nearly four years. Have they gone down or up in that time?

A mate of mine does a trip to a big gig every year with his mates and all his mates want to do is find a Wetherspoons and drink in it until the gig starts. Off to amazing cities in the UK and all they want to do is hit up Spoons.

I know so many people like that. My previous job involved a fair amount of travelling to places like Liverpool, Manchester and Newcastle. My colleagues always wanted to eat in Nando's and drink in 'spoons, despite there being so many options available. Cost wasn't even a factor as we could claim expenses. I suppose some people are just narrow minded. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Princess Pogen is off on various foreign adventures for the next two months, maybe longer. As we said our goodbyes, she told me she loved me and I reciprocated.

Couple of hours later I was at the supermarket checkout and as the (male) cashier handed me my receipt, he said 'Enjoy the rest of your day'.

I responded by saying 'I love you.' I intended to say 'Thank you.'

Fortunately, we both saw the funny side..................................NNCq.gif.5844e6bf5615edc639347cc9d98a86a1.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Princess Pogen is off on various foreign adventures for the next two months, maybe longer. As we said our goodbyes, she told me she loved me and I reciprocated.

Couple of hours later I was at the supermarket checkout and as the (male) cashier handed me my receipt, he said 'Enjoy the rest of your day'.

I responded by saying 'I love you.' I intended to say 'Thank you.'

Fortunately, we both saw the funny side..................................NNCq.gif.5844e6bf5615edc639347cc9d98a86a1.gif

See the source image

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Princess Pogen is off on various foreign adventures for the next two months, maybe longer. As we said our goodbyes, she told me she loved me and I reciprocated.

Couple of hours later I was at the supermarket checkout and as the (male) cashier handed me my receipt, he said 'Enjoy the rest of your day'.

I responded by saying 'I love you.' I intended to say 'Thank you.'

Fortunately, we both saw the funny side..................................NNCq.gif.5844e6bf5615edc639347cc9d98a86a1.gif

See the source image

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, GordonD said:

Didn't said mega c**t sack all his staff during lockdown?

Also a staunch Brexiteer, which says it all.

My son likes a meal in Wetherspoon. He's a kid, and they're cheap. What can I say.

The amusing thing about them is that they're always trying to force propaganda down their customers' throats. The latest was a magazine on every table about the terrible lies that the press have been telling about them treating their staff like shit. Didn't read it, obviously, but I trust it was suitably tear-stained and frothing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Didn't said mega c**t sack all his staff during lockdown?
Also a staunch Brexiteer, which says it all.
Pretty sure he didn't.
At the time I asked my mate whose daughter worked there and she was furloughed.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Loonytoons said:

Pretty sure he didn't.
At the time I asked my mate whose daughter worked there and she was furloughed.

There was something odd about the furlogh.  Didn’t he fire them before furlogh was announced, then re-hire them but say they wouldn’t get paid until he got the money from the government?

Can’t remember the exact details but do remember him out-cunting even himself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There was something odd about the furlogh.  Didn’t he fire them before furlogh was announced, then re-hire them but say they wouldn’t get paid until he got the money from the government?
Can’t remember the exact details but do remember him out-cunting even himself.
You're quite possibly correct.
I recall seeing a social media outrage about 'Spoons. That's when I asked my mate about his daughter and he said she was furloughed. I took it from that, that social media had it wrong.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I honestly don’t know what sort of cuisine they have in Romania. I’m sure it’s nice, I like central and Eastern European food but I can’t recall seeing any food marketed as Romanian. There must be quite a few Romanians in the UK now as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I honestly don’t know what sort of cuisine they have in Romania. I’m sure it’s nice, I like central and Eastern European food but I can’t recall seeing any food marketed as Romanian. There must be quite a few Romanians in the UK now as well.

The old Cooker Factory store at St George's Cross in Glasgow now has a Romanian supermarket in it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So Paul Hartley has taken over as manager of Hartlepool, following in the footsteps of Arsene Wenger in running a club that partly shares his name. A couple of missed opportunities there - why did Ricky Villa never take charge at Aston Villa, or Brian Clough at Scunthorpe?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, GordonD said:

So Paul Hartley has taken over as manager of Hartlepool, following in the footsteps of Arsene Wenger in running a club that partly shares his name. A couple of missed opportunities there - why did Ricky Villa never take charge at Aston Villa, or Brian Clough at Scunthorpe?

Hartley surely destined to manage Trampmere Rovers?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, GordonD said:

So Paul Hartley has taken over as manager of Hartlepool, following in the footsteps of Arsene Wenger in running a club that partly shares his name. A couple of missed opportunities there - why did Ricky Villa never take charge at Aston Villa, or Brian Clough at Scunthorpe?

I get that you're just making a joke, but Wolfgang Wolf managing Wolfsburg is surely the gold standard here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I honestly don’t know what sort of cuisine they have in Romania. I’m sure it’s nice, I like central and Eastern European food but I can’t recall seeing any food marketed as Romanian. There must be quite a few Romanians in the UK now as well.
Pork. Lots of pork.

That list is obviously nonsense though.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...