Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

It appears that you are missing something. Racist jokes are likely to feature in a sick jokes thread.

Wow. I'm genuinely shocked that someone can be this thick. It's not the racist jokes that people are taking issue with. It's the blatant racist comments that are made on the thread, outwith the jokes. Just because the thread is called 'Sick Jokes' it doesn't give anyone carte blanche to be a racist cretin.

There is a pub outside Glasgow Central called Ad Lib.

It's pretensions, unfriendly and expensive.

It's a good job there isn't a pub called Supras :P Deals of a medicinal kind would be encouraged in the bogs, that's for sure. Oh man, this better not start a 'If P&B posters were pubs what would they be like?' thread... :lol:

Aye but how much is the motor? ;)

Under £7,000.

You're 22 though <_<

Still in the typical 17-25 "lets hammer them for insurance group"

My wife is 22 and just got car insurance for £1350

Ouch, that's steep. I presume it's because it's a more powerful engine, due to being a bigger car to cart you and the kid around? unsure.gif

I'm 36 and just got my first car which is a 1.6 Focus and my insurance is £800 for the year. Don't think it matters how old you are they are always going to screw you the first year until they find out if you can drive or not.

Brand new corsa - £900 cool.gif

If i pass my test on Wednesday that'll be getting bought

biggrin.gif

:o my test is on Wednesday too, we do nothing to dispel rumours of us being one and the same. :D

Oh aye and the corsas a brilliant wee car, it's what I have learnt in, prefer it to my mum Clio everyday of the week.

I'm 36 and just got my first car which is a 1.6 Focus and my insurance is £800 for the year. Don't think it matters how old you are they are always going to screw you the first year until they find out if you can drive or not.

£800 is miles better than what the young kids are being quoted and reflects the relative risk. Indeed, were I to lose my no-claims bonus, I'd be paying about £800 too (I'm also in my late 30s).

A friend of mine died last week at the age of 40. He was one of the funniest blokes I have ever met, brilliant company. Turned out he had a heart problem which he was operated on a few years back but it eventually killed him. Leaves a wife and a young son. Have to go round and visit them this afternoon which will be fairly horrific I think.