Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

So far this week I've been paid 27hrs and have been all over the country - all I have done for that money is drill 6 x 5mm holes. 

I keep getting sent to sites where the equipment either isn't ready or hasn't turned or, like today, turned up late and I had to turn back to do the job only to be refused a permit as concrete was getting poured. 

Who runs the world? 

@Melanius Mullarkay, it appears. 

10 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

So far this week I've been paid 27hrs and have been all over the country - all I have done for that money is drill 6 x 5mm holes. 

I keep getting sent to sites where the equipment either isn't ready or hasn't turned or, like today, turned up late and I had to turn back to do the job only to be refused a permit as concrete was getting poured. 

Who runs the world? 

@Melanius Mullarkay, it appears. 

A14BF3D8-6093-457A-BD48-44954DC0AE67.gif

Something Awful is a very old website/forum with a... unique userbase. Last week, someone decided to sue the website because of how they were treated by mods and users. The thread about it is here: who is suing the SA forums in 2022 (fun starts on PG. 3!) - The Something Awful Forums

"Many different users state that they do not like or want me posting" sounds like good inspiration for the gimps on here who occasionally threaten legal action.

After 7 years of living here I've finally bothered my arse to sort my house out and redecorate from the mess the previous guy had left. I could always tell he'd rushed things and not bothered paying a professional to do it, most of the rooms looked okay but for the spare box room and hall cupboards he used this horrible stomach bile yellow on the walls that thankfully I've not had to look at too often as I'm only ever in those rooms to throw stuff I won't need for ages. Today I took down a mirror from the wall in the box room and was presented with this. I actually admire the guys laziness, couldn't even be arsed undoing 4 screws to paint a wall, didn't even bother masking the mirror either, just slapped it on. 

20220420_112623.jpg

Edited by The Moonster

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

After 7 years of living here I've finally bothered my arse to sort my house out and redecorate from the mess the previous guy had left. I could always tell he'd rushed things and not bothered paying a professional to do it, most of the rooms looked okay but for the spare box room and hall cupboards he used this horrible stomach bile yellow on the walls that thankfully I've not had to look at too often as I'm only ever in those rooms to throw stuff I won't need for ages. Today I took down a mirror from the wall in the box room and was presented with this. I actually admire the guys laziness, couldn't even be arsed undoing 4 screws to paint a wall, didn't even bother masking the mirror either, just slapped it on. 

20220420_112623.jpg

Quite fucking right, life's too short.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

20220420_112623.jpg

He was the last one to clean those skirting boards.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

20220420_112623.jpg

I'm not sure you should be calling anyone lazy if it's taken you seven years to discover this.

10 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Today I learned that some people use the phrase 'beef milk'.

Soon as I saw this article I thought it might be you Kinky. Good that you're still walking amongst the BoJo fanboys.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/apr/20/three-found-dead-at-home-in-buckinghamshire

7 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Soon as I saw this article I thought it might be you Kinky. Good that you're still walking amongst the BoJo fanboys.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/apr/20/three-found-dead-at-home-in-buckinghamshire

Shocking article - and Bourne End is a quiet wee place.  Just wondering if you saw me as a victim or the perpetrator...

"BoJo fanboys"?  You're way behind the times, mate.  While, like most sane people, I see old-fashioned one-nation Conservatism as the right form of political expression I haven't voted for 'them' for a long time.  Proud to vote in LibDem Amersham: