Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Ah yes, have had this too. Toy horses randomly neighing in the night, dolls crying etc etc. Absolutely terrifying in all cases

When my son was 3ish, he was into the movie Cars. We got a Lightning McQueen and a Doc Hudson, each talked if you pushed a button on the roof. 

Middle of the night, strange noises from downstairs. The Doc Hudson car was growling and talking like the button had been pushed. Brown trousers time.

18 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

We had a wee mechanical “Alfie bear” when the oldest was a toddler. Went off in the middle of the night with no-one near it like something out of a scary movie.

Someone impaled the head of an alfie bear on the railings outside my work. Looked pretty sinister. 

14 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Some madman has set fire to his flat in Inverness and is in the street with knives, dressed in army fatigues, wearing a gas mask having a stand off with armed police. 

Knives to a gunfight, that'll work out well.

3 hours ago, Rugster said:

Some madman has set fire to his flat in Inverness and is in the street with knives, dressed in army fatigues, wearing a gas mask having a stand off with armed police. 

...and just along from Craig Dunain where unfortunate people with issues like this used to stay before "in the community" was deemed a better idea for all.

3 hours ago, Rugster said:

Everyone needs a hobby I guess

After years of working in a dying trade I left for a new role and walked into it on near enough the same rate. Its long hours, its hard work at times and I fucking hate it at other times but was today awarded a 27% pay increase. I am now going to be earning more than I ever imagined - or was told I would - and I've only been in the job 8 months. 

It's going to be very difficult to walk away from this role now. 

Apparently set the flat on fire and got shot by the police for his troubles.

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

After years of working in a dying trade I left for a new role and walked into it on near enough the same rate. Its long hours, its hard work at times and I fucking hate it at other times but was today awarded a 27% pay increase. I am now going to be earning more than I ever imagined - or was told I would - and I've only been in the job 8 months. 

Any openings?

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Was being an undertaker that bad?