Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

53 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

There’s a music doc on just now (might be the Mark Ronson thing on Apple TV) and in one episode about drum machines Drave Grohl talks about Heart Shaped Box. He was a bit offended by Kurt asking him to play along to a click track so they compromised and a strobe light was installed in front of his drums. It helped him keep the beat but also sent him ga-ga with the pulsing light in his eyes.

Maybe that's why he shot him.

6 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

The wee spanner light that flashes on my dashboard to tell me a service is due, flashes at the exact beat rate of Nirvana's Nevermind.

Does the wee spanner light only flash when you're driving? 

Ya wee spanner! 

44 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Maybe that's why he shot him.

I read Grohl’s autobiography the other day and he kept that part quiet. Expected a warts n all rock n roll romp but it was all about how much he loves his mum and never did drugs. 

I owned Pink Floyd's Pulse on CD. It had a wee flashing light on the box. 

About 2 years after buying it, I woke up in the middle of the night and saw it flashing... Then stop as the battery had died. 

Spooky shit, I thought at the time. 

5 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

About 2 years after buying it, I woke up in the middle of the night and saw it flashing... Then stop as the battery had died. 

The Pulse DVD is fantastic.

11 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Did you give it Time to see if it was Coming Back to Life or was it really dead and off to the Great Gig in the Sky?

Here's something I just discovered.

It SEEMS that the saying "get wired in" is uniquely Scottish.      Maybe even just west of Scotland, not sure.

I failed when googling its origin , got results for 'wired' as in hyperactive.

Funny the things that you didn't know you didn't know.

11 hours ago, scottsdad said:

I'll tell you spooky.

We had a little stuffed pig that used to oink when squeezed. 

Late one night when HOME ALONE ,  this weird croaking noise started from another room. 

Yes it was the pig, I presume battery failure but I didn't know it  had a battery, it's all sewn up, I thought it was mechanical.  

Spooked me,  lucky I wasn't watching a scary movie or I'd have shit myself.

Here's something I just discovered.
It SEEMS that the saying "get wired in" is uniquely Scottish.      Maybe even just west of Scotland, not sure.
I failed when googling its origin , got results for 'wired' as in hyperactive.
Funny the things that you didn't know you didn't know.
I use it routinely, aswell as shortening to "wire in", when giving permission to proceed.

In fact, I just waved someone past me in the Lidl checkout about 9 minutes ago and when asked if I was sure, told them to "wire in".

I like it. [emoji106]

39 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

I'll tell you spooky.

Late one night when HOME ALONE ,  this weird croaking noise started from another room. 

Yes it was the pig, I presume battery failure but I didn't know it  had a battery, it's all sewn up, I thought it was mechanical.  

Something similar happened to me. My late mum had a little fluffy chicken (f**k off, Kenneth, this is my mum we're talking about) which made a cheeping noise when you sat it in the palm of your hand - the skin made the connection between the terminals on its bum. One day I heard this weird sound and eventually managed to track it down to the chicken - the battery had leaked and was causing it to make the cheeping sound, though it was more like a record running down, if you follow.

The really spooky part is that this happened on Easter Day.

1 hour ago, cyderspaceman said:

I'll tell you spooky.

Ah yes, have had this too. Toy horses randomly neighing in the night, dolls crying etc etc. Absolutely terrifying in all cases