Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

15 hours ago, broon-loon said:

We were at the Dishoom in Edinburgh this morning.

As has been posted already on PnB, the Naan Roll (Bacon and Egg for me today) was fantastic.

IMG_20220328_103921.jpg

I've got their cookbook. Made the Chicken Ruby and the Chicken Byriani from it - really quite something, also has the recipe for the naan roll so would highly recommend. The sheer amount of garlic and ginger they throw at dishes to get the flavour is something else.

1 hour ago, renton said:

I've got their cookbook. Made the Chicken Ruby and the Chicken Byriani from it - really quite something, also has the recipe for the naan roll so would highly recommend. The sheer amount of garlic and ginger they throw at dishes to get the flavour is something else.

Yes the book, I got it as a Christmas gift. Have yet to attempt any of the recipes but will have look at the Ruby and Biryani. 

Cheers.

Just spent half an hour rescuing a rather black bee from our living room.  It evidently flew/fell down the lum and made a beeline to the cooncil light.  After a capture that involved him walking down my neck at one point (a nervy and somewhat tickley experience), I put him outside briefly on a rock, but it looked to have killed him.  A desperate attempt at warming it back up in the kitchen in a mug containing some warm sugary water (but with a dry area and a damp pebble) miraculously brought him back to life.

Not got a name yet, but I'm thinking Lazarus, Sooty, or P'n (Bee).

Eta: he's still in the tilted mug with a vented lid.  Seems less than happy, but it's deathly Baltic outside.  'Mon the bees.

Edited by Hedgecutter