Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

My handwriting was pretty poor so about 25 years ago resorted to writing in block capitals. With that, and recording almost everything digitally, I have now lost the ability to handwrite. 

(I had to Google cursive) 

20 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

"With a pile so big in the back garden, it could be seen on Google earth"

I don't think that's as wild as they are making out. It's not like you can see it from space.

FWIW, I found a couple of kayakers near Arbroath on Google Earth recently:

image.png.b1d6fe367c6916d5f939b612ff035889.png 

5 hours ago, GordonD said:

Somebody once posted on here that to get fit he was going to cycle to work and walk home every day. (He clearly hadn't thought it through.) Maybe this guy does it the other way round.

That Perthshire Kia guy going to extreme lengths to get cyclists off the road.

3 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

My handwriting was pretty poor so about 25 years ago resorted to writing in block capitals. With that, and recording almost everything digitally, I have now lost the ability to handwrite. 

(I had to Google cursive) 

+1 for writes in block capitals and doesn't know what cursive means

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

FWIW, I found a couple of kayakers near Arbroath on Google Earth recently:

image.png.b1d6fe367c6916d5f939b612ff035889.png 

Found them on Google Earth whilst checking to ensure Google Earth hadn't snapped you skinning them to make your own kayak IMO

3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

That satellite image above reminds me about a ridiculously large dry stane dyke that I stumbled upon recently.  Easily >10ft high and the width of a house.

image.png.da68defb3141383efa3144ceaa17162f.png

Hide contents

image.png.263201cec952457e892d532788228e09.png

I was at a one-day seminar on soft capping of these about 10 years ago. 

Get some turf on it.

On writing, I was in the lab today. The person I was with put down a notebook and pen for noting which samples were which. Without even thinking I wrote in block capitals. 

My handwriting has always been abysmal. Even as a kid my mum would buy books to help me, but none worked. 

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

On writing, I was in the lab today. The person I was with put down a notebook and pen for noting which samples were which. Without even thinking I wrote in block capitals. 

My handwriting has always been abysmal. Even as a kid my mum would buy books to help me, but none worked. 

Pencils and pens usually work better...

When a massive solar flare fries all our electronics we'll be reduced to scratching runes on slate and trading onions for potatoes. Do students still have to use handwriting for exams? I found that a struggle back in the olden days, must be much worse now.

Edited by welshbairn