Jump to content

Things you want to share with P&B


Ad Lib

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

You could be entitled to compensation if your employers didn't try to ameliorate the noisy conditions.

Which one though? Been quite a few over the years. Quite often I was self-employed and the one making the noise. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Newbornbairn said:

Which one though? Been quite a few over the years. Quite often I was self-employed and the one making the noise. 

Aye, that'll probably snooker you. "And what steps did you take to protect your hearing, Mr Newbornbairn?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

No doubt there's a time limit for claiming these things, which will require to be backed up with doctor's reports, so it's probably a non starter, but might be worth investigating.

He's already been to the doctor but hasn't heard anything since.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Just heard a couple of fighter planes flying over Larbert. Genuinely dont think iv heard that in 6 or 7 years staying here.

Welcome Vlad.

I heard them going over Airdrie. Were they ours, should I head for the Anderson shelter?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just heard on the news that 57 cases of spiking via injection was reported and investigated in Scotland, no forensic evidence to substantiate any claims, also no drugs other than recreational were found in any of the victims.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Just heard a couple of fighter planes flying over Larbert. Genuinely dont think iv heard that in 6 or 7 years staying here.

Welcome Vlad.

 

9 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I heard them going over Airdrie. Were they ours, should I head for the Anderson shelter?

I heard a couple of what sounded like fighters over mine a few minutes ago (Perthshire).  I think they were heading slightly ESE so if it was the same ones it's a hell of a loop they're flying.  Sounded very fucking low.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Wife finally nagged me into getting a hearing test today. She's moaned for ages that the telly is too loud, my music is too loud but to be fair, I've been finding it hard to hear what people have been saying and it was getting increasingly unlikely that everyone I met was a mumbling c**t. 

 

Was very surprised after doing all the tests the guy put a pair of hearing aids on me and switched them on. Bugger. Huge difference!

 

Only fifty-cough but a lifetime working in noisy environments has fucked my hearing. 

The new hearing aids are pretty cool, nearly invisible and you get bluetooth so you can link them to multimedia, phone etc and you can get a wee remote control to change settings, and rechargeable so you don't need to fiddle about with batteries. That's private of course, £3-4000, or more, the NHS ones are fine but bulky and don't do the tricks, and you'd have to wait ages for an appointment and getting them made up. They only give one at a time so you have wait another few months for the other ear.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The new hearing aids are pretty cool, nearly invisible and you get bluetooth so you can link them to multimedia, phone etc and you can get a wee remote control to change settings, and rechargeable so you don't need to fiddle about with batteries. That's private of course, £3-4000, or more, the NHS ones are fine but bulky and don't do the tricks, and you'd have to wait ages for an appointment and getting them made up. They only give one at a time so you have wait another few months for the other ear.

^^^

1*Zgf6dqTM9WOPE6T3u6VYyQ.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Left Back said:

 

I heard a couple of what sounded like fighters over mine a few minutes ago (Perthshire).  I think they were heading slightly ESE so if it was the same ones it's a hell of a loop they're flying.  Sounded very fucking low.

Aye. They went over the Hillfoots as I was leaving work. Nothing showing on Flightradar24. 

Used to love seeing them low flying up the West Coast but that seems far less frequent for a good number of years now. If they’re back training round these parts it definitely gets a thumbs up from me. 

Dug near shat himself mind you. 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The new hearing aids are pretty cool, nearly invisible and you get bluetooth so you can link them to multimedia, phone etc and you can get a wee remote control to change settings, and rechargeable so you don't need to fiddle about with batteries. That's private of course, £3-4000, or more, the NHS ones are fine but bulky and don't do the tricks, and you'd have to wait ages for an appointment and getting them made up. They only give one at a time so you have wait another few months for the other ear.

Aye, they do look to be good. Connect them to the telly and you get Dolby Atmos. Controlled by an App.

 

Now if I can just set them to filter out the wife...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The new hearing aids are pretty cool, nearly invisible and you get bluetooth so you can link them to multimedia, phone etc and you can get a wee remote control to change settings, and rechargeable so you don't need to fiddle about with batteries. That's private of course, £3-4000, or more, the NHS ones are fine but bulky and don't do the tricks, and you'd have to wait ages for an appointment and getting them made up. They only give one at a time so you have wait another few months for the other ear.

See the source image

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got my arse felt today for buying stuff from CEF for a job. Turns out they're a shower of rip off bastirts. It was on account so I never ask the price - £84.

ScrewFix do exactly the same things and for the same amount of items I'd have been £49 odd. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Talking of which, she complained the telly was too loud so I got fancy bluetooth headphones. Really good. Great sound for me, silence for her. Then I put them on to watch something and started adjusting the volume because it was a bit muffled. I was convinced the batteries were going as I was turning them up, turning them up and it was like listening through cotton wool. Then I looked up and saw the wife at the living room door gesticulating. I took the headphones off to see what she was moaning about.

 

Turned out the headphones weren't hooked up to Bluetooth. I was wearing them like ear defenders and the entire street was listening to my telly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Talking of which, she complained the telly was too loud so I got fancy bluetooth headphones. Really good. Great sound for me, silence for her. Then I put them on to watch something and started adjusting the volume because it was a bit muffled. I was convinced the batteries were going as I was turning them up, turning them up and it was like listening through cotton wool. Then I looked up and saw the wife at the living room door gesticulating. I took the headphones off to see what she was moaning about.

 

Turned out the headphones weren't hooked up to Bluetooth. I was wearing them like ear defenders and the entire street was listening to my telly. 

 

image.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...