Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

2 hours ago, BFTD said:

@Shandon Par - do you leave a cartoon of yourself and Renton at every job?

Rob Beckett with a wasting disease.

That lassie is definitely Gollum. Imagine how thrilled she must have been to receive that.

My daughter was rattling these out when she was 15. She has a long way to go until she reaches Mullarkey’s neighbour’s standard.

1F2B3141-8987-4904-AC0D-3FACBBE349B0.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

My daughter was rattling these out when she was 15. She has a long way to go until she reaches Mullarkey’s neighbour’s standard.

Rough night before the sitting, I take it?

She's very good. Tell her to keep it up; too many people have to let these things slide due to work pressures and so forth.

7 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Wow!

8 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Fantastic.

My son is doing higher Art next year and he can barely draw a stick figure. This is genuinely good. 

The only time I've ever seen something like this in real life was at a work meeting years ago. Our director was talking and droning on, and the guy next to me was (I thought) doodling. And he was, with a notepad and pencil, but he was an artist and was drawing a fantastic image of the director. Utterly lifelike in every way, except the devil horns and tail he added. 

4 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Fantastic.

My son is doing higher Art next year and he can barely draw a stick figure. 

You’ll get a pleasant surprise at what they can churn outs

An art teacher from Dunfermline High designed The Pars’ badge many moons ago.

21 hours ago, Shotgun said:

Not sure how to quote from another thread but...

A poster called @Andreas12 wrote this on the "Worst Town in Scotland" thread back in December. Most of us ridiculed it at the time but I see it even includes some of the same verbiage as in the linked article. Hmm. 

Grantown on Spey. What an absolute hole of a town. Dont get me wrong, im sure there are some great people there, but boy boy does it have wild youths. My sister stayed for a week in the town in February and witnessed abusive shouting (Seemingly random, directed at her though, they did not know who she was), she is 55, and was called a slut by a youth. At night the place is apparently a no go zone in the centre of town, they were not sure if the youths were homeless or not (Is there homelessness in the Highlands?), but a number of them were on drugs on at least two occasions when she was out. Because she was staying in the town, her group spent quite of time in the centre. She was speaking with a local manager of a hotel and they have had eggs on their windows, guests complain about the youths behaviour and more. So you may think its all fine in the Scottish Highlands but its not all that! We stayed at a hotel there two years ago for one night, although the pub was really, really rough in the High Street with some real characters that I can only remember from my younger years, people that you only knew their nicknames and not real names, it was great craic, but there are fights regularly there, a couple told us when we were in.

Should have learned the 5 D’s

20 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Update. The full sketch has now been revealed. Yours for £20.

20 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Update. The full sketch has now been revealed. Yours for £20.

Hide contents

6AC9A16B-17C4-4E02-9ADC-CFC62723674E.thumb.jpeg.ff4ebec97ff50114d773b9563378a9c3.jpeg

See the source image

3 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Amazed to learn it's now 18 years since Nairn banker, Alistair Wilson, was shot on his doorstep.

This was around the time I encouraged my wife to answer the door every time the door bell rang.

It sounds like they have much more of a clue about it now in terms of why it may have happened etc. 

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

It sounds like they have much more of a clue about it now in terms of why it may have happened etc. 

An interesting case with so many theories (among the locals) as to why he might have been targeted. I doubt very much if we'll ever know the truth.

2 hours ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

I'd like to hear the guys story about how it took him 18 years to remember he saw someone on the beach with a gun.

The police flew to Canada in connection with the case very recently.

I imagine the person that saw the two characters with the gun was on holiday and perhaps only recently saw the details of the murder.