Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

On 03/03/2022 at 11:16, Hedgecutter said:

Currently sitting between a couple of 'loud' Weegies, one of which is talking about going to Stornoway next week ("think it's one of the Western Isles", "can't remember if the ferry is from Oban or Ulla... something; the wife booked it"), the other of which is saying "I thought it was up in Shetland".  An absolutely clueless breed.

Eta: these guys are probably in their 50s and 40s respectively, not Primary 7.

Probably never been north of Castlecary. Absolute weirdos.

On 04/03/2022 at 11:37, Tony Ferrino said:

I can just about read but having to squint and can only through my right eye. 

Has anyone done that laser zapping thing?

I had it done in Boots in Manchester (the chemist, not my choice of footwear for the op) back in 1995.  It went fine with no issues and I was able to see perfectly within a few hours.

It doesn't last forever though but I still don't need specs yet. 

27 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I had it done in Boots in Manchester (the chemist, not my choice of footwear for the op) back in 1995.  It went fine with no issues and I was able to see perfectly within a few hours.

It doesn't last forever though but I still don't need specs yet. 

I got mine done in 2007, in Dundee. Power cut just after they opened/cut the first eye. 5 minutes waiting until they could proceed. Also the smell was not too great if I remember correctly. Maybe that was Dundee in general.

Was out that night for a few drinks. 

Best thing I every did.  Had been wearing contacts for 15 years. 

I just bought reading classes the other day. But that's just old age, as I can see perfectly when not reading small print or sewing.  Using the computer in still good.

1 minute ago, SlipperyP said:

I got mine done in 2007, in Dundee. Power cut just after they opened/cut the first eye. 5 minutes waiting until they could proceed. Also the smell was not too great if I remember correctly. Maybe that was Dundee in general.

Was out that night for a few drinks. 

Best thing I every did.  Had been wearing contacts for 15 years. 

I just bought reading classes the other day. But that's just old age, as I can see perfectly when not reading small print or sewing.  Using the computer in still good.

Same here - I bought a pair of reading glasses (for a pound) as my arms were simply not long enough anymore!  

Dundee must really stink as I could smell the same down in Manchester.  It cost me over 2 grand but well worth it as I didn't like wearing specs and contacts were a problem for me.  

P.S. You might want to get your money back on those glasses mate!

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Had an absolutely tremendous curry last night from the Shish.

This morning, I'm considering travelling to Ukraine to fight on the front line. The volume, power, and smell of the farts I'm producing would wipe out any invading forces.

I had a hot lamb Karahi last night and there have been no adverse effects on my anus. 

Had an absolutely tremendous curry last night from the Shish.
This morning, I'm considering travelling to Ukraine to fight on the front line. The volume, power, and smell of the farts I'm producing would wipe out any invading forces.

3 hours ago, throbber said:

I had a hot lamb Karahi last night and there have been no adverse effects on my anus. 

That's maybe because you put it in your mouth...