Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

I'm not offended, its just a wee peeve of mine that occasionally on P&B - and elsewhere - some are not afforded the same level of respect as seems is generally acceptable. It just looked to me like a bit of a pile on.

A good way to avoid that would be have f**k all to do with Rangers.

18 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

I came across a new (to me) word in the book I'm reading: narthex.

Every day's a schoolday.

The Dyslexic's Guide to Thrash Metal?

6 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Currently sitting between a couple of 'loud' Weegies, one of which is talking about going to Stornoway next week ("think it's one of the Western Isles", "can't remember if the ferry is from Oban or Ulla... something; the wife booked it"), the other of which is saying "I thought it was up in Shetland".  An absolutely clueless breed.

Eta: these guys are probably in their 50s and 40s respectively, not Primary 7.

Even more Ironic if one of them is called MacLeod..

After reading the various threads on a certain loan signing this week, I can’t wait for the scenes when everyone else finds out that judgement in the civil courts don’t count because a) they aren’t a court of law, and b) the judge just decided who wins on a whim.

Just now, Empty It said:

Lies, they flip their lucky coin (best of 5 flips obviously).

Possibly.

I've just realised I still need Clyde fans to cite Magna Carta, and to claim Goodwillie is a Freeman of the Land to complete my "Law for Idiots" bingo card

Had a meeting with a couple of senior (old) criminal solicitors earlier in the week. Not at all related to Goodwillie but they said it was a consistent theme that the Sheriff would decide who was right/wronged and then go off and find the legal precedent that suited their position. 

1 hour ago, Tony Ferrino said:

I’ve lost my reading glasses

Have you checked the top of your head? That's where mine usually are when I lose them. (Top of my head obvs. not yours.)

ETA: Just realised, you won't be able to read that, sorry.

Edited by Shotgun

3 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Have you checked the top of your head? That's where mine usually are when I lose them. (Top of my head obvs. not yours.)

ETA: Just realised, you won't be able to read that, sorry.

I can just about read but having to squint and can only through my right eye. 

Has anyone done that laser zapping thing?

6 hours ago, Tony Ferrino said:

I can just about read but having to squint and can only through my right eye. 

Has anyone done that laser zapping thing?

Jeez, that's the flashbacks started. Years ago I attended lectures on eye surgery and the like. Seeing laser eye surgery on a video made me queasy for days and days. Still not as bad as the contact lenses videos though.

To answer your question , I did work with a girl who got it. Something went wrong the first time they tried it and she ended up off work with dreadful headaches. They were able to correct whatever the issue was a few days later and she has been fine ever since.