Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

34 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I heard a Gerry Cinnamon song today for the first time (as far as I'm aware).

Actually burst out laughing (a literal LOL) at how absolutely terrible it was.

I'm led to believe this man is actually a popular entertainer?

My word.

I'm sympathetic to your pain, while also being massively jealous you've never had to suffer his "music" before.

Cinnamon's wikipedia has this utter gem of a quote

"The only reason I'm in this game is because it's full of imposters ruining music and my very existence annoys them and it pleases me. If you're a working class musician hearing this or reading it and you respect the art of song writing more than the art of pretending then you have a responsibility to get involved. There's a war on for real music and if you're sound and can write decent tunes then you're on the front line whether you like it or not."

Unpopular opinions thread for this, but I quite like that song he does about the lassie being a belter. Not heard anything other than that.

It's nice when folk sing in their own accent and use words that they do in real life, instead of everyone trying to sound like they're from somewhere in America.

20 minutes ago, throbber said:

Don’t know if posted elsewhere but Jimmy carrs joke has caused a bit of outrage on social media 

I can only assume he went on to ridicule the audience for laughing or he's after a big pay out from Netflix for dropping him. Or he was doing a skit on how shit right wing comedians are.

Edited by welshbairn

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

I can only assume he went on to ridicule the audience for laughing or he's after a big pay out from Netflix for dropping him.

I’m not sure, it’s not his first joke about the Holocaust anyway. 

He does a section of his show where he tells the most offensive jokes possible to shock the audience and he clearly builds them up to knowing what he is about to say is shocking. 

25 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It was him that felt Cinnamon was a lyrical genius eh?

Yes. 

Hopefully he is still around. Had his moments but by and large was a very decent poster. The Gerry Cinnamon stuff was unacceptable right enough. 

2 hours ago, throbber said:

I’m not sure, it’s not his first joke about the Holocaust anyway. 

He does a section of his show where he tells the most offensive jokes possible to shock the audience and he clearly builds them up to knowing what he is about to say is shocking. 

Aye, it's been his thing for about as long as he's been a stand-up to throw in some overtly disgusting material to see if the audience will go with it or draw a line. As you say, he tends to flag when it's coming. The story here is less "racist comic tells horrible joke" but "substantial part of audience amused by genocide against group they don't like".