Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

People who live in Scotland and claim winter is their favourite season are contrarian attention seekers.
If you live in Scotland and have winter as your favourite season, then yes.

Imagine sitting in your garden sipping a beer on a July evening, or swimming in a beautiful loch in August and thinking "I wish it was January right now".

I much prefer winter tbh. You've given a good example of a couple of summertime positives there tbf but you've omitted the stuff I hate about summertime:-

- The heat. Nothing worse than sweating at work before you've even started your shift. Or sweating in general tbh. I really struggle to function in temperature above around 20°c. The idea of sitting in the sun all day is an idea of hell for me.

- The lighter nights mean folk are out later, be it Neds or folk having BBQ's/parties. Nothing wrong with the latter two but when you're up at 3am for work it can be a bit shit.

- Having to see the scum with their 'taps aff'.

- The worst one for me and the biggest reason I borderline detest summertime: hayfever.

"Fans spark worry over Connor McGregor and his latest video". 

He's eating ice cream - in bed. 

Some of the posts are mental, saying he's lost his mind. Saying money has gone to his head. Needs to get help. 

He's eating an ice cream. 

5 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

It's got an app on the phone. I can even turn down the left one when I'm driving if the wife's in the car. 

Guy got stopped by the police on the M1 heading south.

"Do you realise you left your wife behind at that last service place?" they asked

"Thank f**k for that" the guy replied. "I thought I had gone deaf"

On 31/01/2022 at 10:56, coprolite said:

A girl i went to school with was a Christian scientist (or rather her family were). She broke her leg and they went mad at her for getting a cast. Should have prayed it better. 

James hetfield of Metallica's family were the same, his mum took unwell and they didn't accept any medical advice saying prayer will heal her, she died. 

That's bound to f#ck any kid up.

On the subject of jw's. I went down a rabbit hole recently of YouTube videos and ended up watching testimonies by ex jw's.

They are a seriously sinister organisation. Their governing body believe that God speaks directly through them and gives them "new light" new ways to interpret the Bible, basically twist it to suit their agenda.

Their covering up of child sex abuse within their organisation is something else.

Shunning people that leave their cult, leaving people with no friends or family.

Misogynistic attitudes, women are discouraged from higher education.

They told their followers that Armageddon was imminent in 1975. A lot of them sold their houses and possessions, left skint in 1976.

The guy that I watched on YouTube was a fella called loyd Evans. 

I much prefer winter tbh. You've given a good example of a couple of summertime positives there tbf but you've omitted the stuff I hate about summertime:-

- The heat. Nothing worse than sweating at work before you've even started your shift. Or sweating in general tbh. I really struggle to function in temperature above around 20°c. The idea of sitting in the sun all day is an idea of hell for me.

- The lighter nights mean folk are out later, be it Neds or folk having BBQ's/parties. Nothing wrong with the latter two but when you're up at 3am for work it can be a bit shit.

- Having to see the scum with their 'taps aff'.

- The worst one for me and the biggest reason I borderline detest summertime: hayfever.

Some decent points there. Though there are two other seasons still clearly better than winter. In the past you could have added no football, but it's barely over a month's break now.

I don't live somewhere with neds or folk who'd go taps aff, so I haven't noticed that issue.

If you struggle to function above 20°c I'd seriously consult a doctor, that's not normal at all.

Its hasnt been wintery at all really this year. Today is a very wintery day with freezing sleet falling.

Its fucking shite. Ice on the roads is shite, frozen cars is shite, slush is shite.

I dint mind cold clear dry days, but by and large winter is turgid shite

Some decent points there. Though there are two other seasons still clearly better than winter. In the past you could have added no football, but it's barely over a month's break now.

I don't live somewhere with neds or folk who'd go taps aff, so I haven't noticed that issue.

If you struggle to function above 20°c I'd seriously consult a doctor, that's not normal at all.

I assume you don't live in Scotland?

I don't need to consult a doctor, I just don't like being too warm and anything above that is too warm for me to be comfortable. I even wear shorts all year round because I hate my legs being too warm as well.

I'm a fan of winter - actual snow and frost type of winter. These washed out winters we get aren't up to much. We get a few good ones now and then but largely our winters are like our summers - rainy.

When I was an exchange student in Sweden winter just appeared one day in October. Real snow up to the scrotum for months. It was great. And it didn't slow the Swedes down a bit. Chains on the tyres and away they went. 

Years later, living in Wales was the opposite. A dusting of snow appeared one day and the whole place panicked. Shops and offices shut and everyone sent home. Took me 3 hours to do a 30 minute journey for what must have been a centimetre of snow at most. 

13 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

These one's have a wee box the size of your thumb that connects them to your phone but can also be used in lecture rooms. You put the wee box on the lectern then you can sit at the back of the hall and hear every word. I've already figured out I could "accidentally" leave it in offices after business meetings and hear what is said after I leave the room.

"We're going to have to do something about that Newbornbairn."

"Agreed, a complete pain in the arse."

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I assume you don't live in Scotland?

I don't need to consult a doctor, I just don't like being too warm and anything above that is too warm for me to be comfortable. I even wear shorts all year round because I hate my legs being too warm as well.

I love summer. It's my favourite day of the year. 

39 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Find whoever came up with this and check their hard drive immediately 

https://www.cnet.com/news/build-a-bear-just-launched-an-after-dark-series-of-horny-teddy-bears/

We had a massive collection of Bad Taste Bears donated to the charity I worked for - I looked them up, and the whole collection was worth about a grand. Whoever had owned them was clearly more into the sexual figurines than the horror ones; lots of massive willies and hairy gashes.

No, they were not mine.

I assume you don't live in Scotland

I do live in Scotland.
I don't need to consult a doctor, I just don't like being too warm and anything above that is too warm for me to be comfortable.

There's a big difference between struggling to function and being uncomfortable. People who struggle to function in 21 degree heart should absolutely see a doctor.

7 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I heard a Gerry Cinnamon song today for the first time (as far as I'm aware).

Actually burst out laughing (a literal LOL) at how absolutely terrible it was.

I'm led to believe this man is actually a popular entertainer?

My word.

@pandarilla u takin this m9?