Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

22 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

People who live in Scotland and claim winter is their favourite season are contrarian attention seekers.

One of several reasons my missus wanted to move back to Switzerland from Scotland was that winter in Scotland is shit, and the summers aren't much better.

She did concede however that spring and autumn in Scotland are better than Switzerland, which I guess is some compensation for the other two.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

I haven’t read anything Jordan Peterson has written but after reading this Reddit post about how he is very likely to be a demon-possessed cannibal, I am now a big fan.

Is that the word "Wendigo" partially obscured in that screed? If so, why?  :huh:

6 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

On Saturday I'm going to go to the game, as usual. I'll take my seat in the South Stand, as usual. The auld guy who sits in front of me is going to turn round and chat, as usual. But for the first time in 10 years I'm going to hear what he's saying. Probably be a lot of shite right enough, but I'll hear it. 

Volume control is a silver lining to needing hearing aids..

Just now, Newbornbairn said:

It's got an app on the phone. I can even turn down the left one when I'm driving if the wife's in the car. 

:lol: My Mum's got a miniature remote control. Some of them have a wee button directly on the hearing aids.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

:lol: My Mum's got a miniature remote control. Some of them have a wee button directly on the hearing aids.

These one's have a wee box the size of your thumb that connects them to your phone but can also be used in lecture rooms. You put the wee box on the lectern then you can sit at the back of the hall and hear every word. I've already figured out I could "accidentally" leave it in offices after business meetings and hear what is said after I leave the room.