Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

18 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Ever looked at your latest bank statement and suddenly noticed that you were paying for some other c**t's Amazon Prime viewing with your card?

No but I’ve watched stuff on the Amazon Prime channel and had a chuckle at the poor c**t paying for it.

48 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Ever looked at your latest bank statement and suddenly noticed that you were paying for some other c**t's Amazon Prime viewing with your card?

Yes, only with Netflix, but thankfully the stupid c**t who'd stolen my card details maxed it out straight afterwards by trying to buy himself an expensive holiday  :rolleyes:

I phoned the card provider and they sent me a paper form to list all of the transactions that weren't mine, which they deducted from my account pretty sharpish. They had me report it to Action Fraud, and I never heard anything about it again. Remarkably quick and painless, but it had only been about a week before I noticed the abnormalities.

BTW, I've noticed that it gets easier to sack off from checking your transactions if you switch to digital statements rather than paper. Haven't checked my credit card in a couple of months as I don't use it. Will need to remember to start doing that again.

I only noticed today when I went to print out a monthly as I am my mother's financial guardian. Completely missed the month before, so annoyed with myself for that.
Nothing is different on the account apart from an NHS Highland payment in which they used WorldPay for a transaction. Anyway from what I gather from online, both security and customer service has more holes in it than the Fort William defence. So very likely was hacked recently again and card details copied and sold on.
I've asked the bank to cancel the card. How quick does it take for a card cancel to go through these days, have never had to cancel a card ever?
Should be instant if you do it online or speak to someone.

21 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I only noticed today when I went to print out a monthly as I am my mother's financial guardian. Completely missed the month before, so annoyed with myself for that.

Nothing is different on the account apart from an NHS Highland payment in which they used WorldPay for a transaction. Anyway from what I gather from online, both security and customer service has more holes in it than the Fort William defence. So very likely was hacked recently again and card details copied and sold on.

I've asked the bank to cancel the card. How quick does it take for a card cancel to go through these days, have never had to cancel a card ever?

They’re normally really good with this stuff.  Noticed an odd transaction on our credit card (Tescobank) a few years back.  Phoned them up and they cancelled the card and organised replacements immediately.  They then went through transactions that they could see but didn’t show up in my online banking yet to see if they were legit.  A couple of them weren’t.

All the dodgy transactions were refunded within a few days.

2 hours ago, Snafu said:

No, but I did once realise that I was paying for somebody's monthly pass for a cinema in Stellenbosch, SA.

4 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

For the first time in over 20 years, I have installed a TV in my bedroom.

Me at 3pm for the next week:

2.jpg.a7240d280fae38dadce09363170767b0.jpg

This is not a good idea, why have you got one after 20 years without it and getting better sleep as a result.

29 minutes ago, 101 said:

This is not a good idea, why have you got one after 20 years without it and getting better sleep as a result.

More for watching something in the morning. Also means that I can watch something interesting in comfort when I come back to find the other half watching Downton Abbey or whatever.

Got offered a spare TV doing nothing other than gathering dust, hence the change.  Should say that by 'installed', I actually mean 'stuck a wee TV on top of the drawers'.

Edited by Hedgecutter

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

For the first time in over 20 years, I have installed a TV in my bedroom.

Me at 3pm for the next week:

2.jpg.a7240d280fae38dadce09363170767b0.jpg

I’ve told this story on here before but many many years ago I ventured the idea of a second tv in the bedroom to the then Mrs a-p. 

‘Absolutely not!’ she said. ‘You’ll just end up watching sport on the big telly and I’ll be upstairs watching my soaps in the bed. We’ll never see each other and never talk to each other. We are a couple, we both work hard and we need to spend quality time together of an evening’ 

We are now 12 years divorced. Make of that what you will…

Edited by alta-pete

20 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I have never had a TV in my bedroom in my entire life.

Me either, never thought the TV in a hotel room was revolutionary so don't get the point. 

Got a TV in my office though, but I don't sleep in there, much.

I’ve told this story on here before but many many years ago I ventured the idea of a second tv in the bedroom to the then Mrs a-p. 
‘Absolutely not!’ she said. ‘You’ll just end up watching sport on the big telly and I’ll be upstairs watching my soaps in the bed. We’ll never see each other and never talk to each other. We are a couple, we both work hard and we need to spend quality time together of an evening’ 
We are now 12 years divorced. Make of that what you will…
So you're saying he should've got a TV in the bedroom years ago?

On 18/02/2019 at 14:48, ICTChris said:

An interview with the author of a book about Elizabeth Holmes and the failed, potentially fraudulent company Theranos.  This sounds weird but I love stories about fraud and grifters.

Can’t find a Thernos thread, Holmes found guilty of four charges of fraud.

More for watching something in the morning. Also means that I can watch something interesting in comfort when I come back to find the other half watching Downton Abbey or whatever.
Got offered a spare TV doing nothing other than gathering dust, hence the change.  Should say that by 'installed', I actually mean 'stuck a wee TV on top of the drawers'.
Downton Abbey suckered me in, great TV.