Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

10 hours ago, Chicken Wing said:

Sitting watching Rocky IV, safe in the knowledge that it's not the best Rocky film. Granted it has a great soundtrack (training montage) and tried to break down the Cold War barriers between East and West. It, however, does not feature Mr T nor Hulk Hogan, or a definitive anthem synonymous with Rocky - Eye of the tiger - therefore cannot be classed as the greatest Rocky film.

How does PnB categorise their favourite Rocky films? Mine's is : III, IV, II, I V (an abomination). We'll not get into the "spin-offs"

IV does have Apollo camping it up to "Living in America" and Drago is a more memorable (although less convincing) baddie than Clubber Lang. That said, Mr T is ace. 

The first one is like an actual proper film though, so

I, III, IV, II, Rocky Balboa, V

2 hours ago, mathematics said:

The first time I felt old was when I realised my dentist was younger than me. At the hygienist today and I’d swear he wasn’t out of secondary school if I saw him on the street.

That's good, he won't have developed the significant alcohol problems they all have.

Sitting watching Rocky IV, safe in the knowledge that it's not the best Rocky film. Granted it has a great soundtrack (training montage) and tried to break down the Cold War barriers between East and West. It, however, does not feature Mr T nor Hulk Hogan, or a definitive anthem synonymous with Rocky - Eye of the tiger - therefore cannot be classed as the greatest Rocky film.

How does PnB categorise their favourite Rocky films? Mine's is : III, IV, II, I V (an abomination). We'll not get into the "spin-offs"

You have it correct sir.

14 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Best was The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

World Heavyweight Champion engineered in a lab by a sweet transvestite from transsexual Transylvania. Does that mean that Mickey the trainer was Dr Frank-N-Furter in his youth?

Apparently Susan Sarandon was almost in the boxing movie too. Spooky.

59 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

The same post, for anyone curious: 

Saw the word "Greggnog" in the comments for the one above and instantly guessed the whole story  :yucky

11 hours ago, mathematics said:

The first time I felt old was when I realised my dentist was younger than me. At the hygienist today and I’d swear he wasn’t out of secondary school if I saw him on the street.

My dentist looks down in the mouth all day. 

Just dropped the boy off at the in-laws as I'm heading off to work and they have about 20 wooden pallets sitting next to the house. 

Is this the start of a new era? I was always a little suspicion with those monks and their orange robes.  

3 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Just dropped the boy off at the in-laws as I'm heading off to work and they have about 20 wooden pallets sitting next to the house. 

Is this the start of a new era? I was always a little suspicion with those monks and their orange robes.  

Are they Northern Irish? It would explain it.

1 hour ago, SlipperyP said:

2 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

How was the parking? Sounds like Philpy might have moved in.