Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Switched on Children In Need at one point on Friday night. It was a music video with old puppets like Zippy, George and Basil Brush singing. Mr. Blobby was dicking about as well. Cut to Graham Norton and Mel Giedroyc in the studio "howling" with laughter. She says, "That is quite literally the funniest thing I have ever seen!". 

On went Netflix.

On 21/11/2021 at 06:37, jimbaxters said:

Switched on Children In Need at one point on Friday night. It was a music video with old puppets like Zippy, George and Basil Brush singing. Mr. Blobby was dicking about as well. Cut to Graham Norton and Mel Giedroyc in the studio "howling" with laughter. She says, "That is quite literally the funniest thing I have ever seen!". 

On went Netflix.

As Mel Giedroyc was in a "comedy" duo with Sue Perkins it probably was the funniest thing she'd seen. 

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

I coughed while eating some spicy noodles and had to blow my nose to get the noodles out. I did have a blocked nose but don’t now. I don’t want to get ahead of myself but I think I’ve discovered a cure for the common cold.

Trust you ate them afterwards. Kids starving in Africa after all.

7 minutes ago, Duszek said:

That's me started learning Swedish.

I've been in intellectual hibernation too long. Time for action.

0E913DB6-1C95-4922-A0F4-6BC1D7DE38F7.gif.d9ba90c919aa80e60bb2b128c85b9121.gif

D3590D0F-57F6-4EAA-87F3-47B886A27407.gif.9461cbf9d94eab9e81444690b47ecbb8.gif

Great language, quite a bit of Scots in there (och, bra, etc). 

I remember very little - I learned some back in the 90s. Korv med Brod will get you a hot dog. 

6 hours ago, coprolite said:

I coughed while eating some spicy noodles and had to blow my nose to get the noodles out. I did have a blocked nose but don’t now. I don’t want to get ahead of myself but I think I’ve discovered a cure for the common cold.

Just saw a video that mentioned American Marines being briefly exposed to tear gas in order to experience the reality of a chemical warfare attack. Cue gruesome footage of burly guys 'n' gals vomiting up huge quantities of mucus from their noses and throats.

They said it was horrible, but they felt wonderful afterwards. Apparently when Marines catch colds, they joke about being sprayed with tear gas again to get rid of the phlegm.

2 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Just saw a video that mentioned American Marines being briefly exposed to tear gas in order to experience the reality of a chemical warfare attack. Cue gruesome footage of burly guys 'n' gals vomiting up huge quantities of mucus from their noses and throats.

They said it was horrible, but they felt wonderful afterwards. Apparently when Marines catch colds, they joke about being sprayed with tear gas again to get rid of the phlegm.

I'm not going to try it. 

Reasonable attempt though

2 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I'm not going to try it. 

Reasonable attempt though

I'd give it a go if it worked permanently TBF.

Having one of the worst experiences of your life every time you had a catarrh build-up is a bit much.