Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I've only played squash once.  Fives was cancelled, so me and the brother-in-law had a game.  He had played  with folk from his work.  I destroyed him. Retired with a 100% win ratio.  I've got very good eye to hand coordination from my childhood (no friends), all I did was play out the garden for hours, kicking a ball (football/rugby/tennis/cricket) in the air then catching it again, had a league table with teams that I used to play against myself. Times were much simpler.

6 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

I've only played squash once.  Fives was cancelled, so me and the brother-in-law had a game.  He had played  with folk from his work.  I destroyed him. Retired with a 100% win ratio.  I've got very good eye to hand coordination from my childhood (no friends), all I did was play out the garden for hours, kicking a ball (football/rugby/tennis/cricket) in the air then catching it again, had a league table with teams that I used to play against myself. Times were much simpler.

You had a ball...luxury!

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Despite your protests I don't think you're udderly innocent. Maybe your case will be herd but I think it's bull. So you can just Foo Calf!

Don't you think that's kine of harsh?

We visited my folks at the weekend. They had been having a clear out and found an old guide book to Cuba that they bought in advance of going there on holiday in 2004. They gave it to my son as it had some Spanish in it, and he did Nat 5 Spanish at school. 

When we got home he was looking through the 'common phrases' section of the book and showed it to me. These phrases included "Help, I'm being robbed," "A child is drowning," "He's losing blood," "Show me your passports please" and so on. Not sure who thought these were common phrases in Cuba!

53 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

We visited my folks at the weekend. They had been having a clear out and found an old guide book to Cuba that they bought in advance of going there on holiday in 2004. They gave it to my son as it had some Spanish in it, and he did Nat 5 Spanish at school. 

When we got home he was looking through the 'common phrases' section of the book and showed it to me. These phrases included "A child is drowning," 

Presumably it's important to say it's a child drowning,  as if you just say someone is drowning folk will presume its an adult and not give f**k?

3 hours ago, scottsdad said:

When we got home he was looking through the 'common phrases' section of the book and showed it to me. These phrases included "Help, I'm being robbed," "A child is drowning," "He's losing blood," "Show me your passports please" and so on. Not sure who thought these were common phrases in Cuba!

Mi areodeslizador esta llano des anguilas

3 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Probably written by a Yank who's been brought up thinking Cuba is full of nasty Commies and bad things happen there.

I bought a Twi-English phrasebook in Kumasi. There were some absolute belters in there "my mother's gone to work and locked me in the house", "the landlord's extorting me" and the classic (which I still know how to say) "don't shake your hips at me, bad girl".

1 minute ago, DiegoDiego said:
4 hours ago, scottsdad said:

I bought a Twi-English phrasebook in Kumasi. There were some absolute beliefs in there "my mother's gone to work and locked me in the house", "the landlord's extorting me" and the classic (which I still know how to say) "don't shake your hips at me, bad girl".

Of course you did. If there's one person I'd pick out as buying a phrasebook I  Kumasi...

9 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Tesco Inverness (3 stores) are charging 135.9 per litre for diesel.

I reckon it's the cheapest in the UK at the moment.

146.9 in some petrol stations here.

Best I've seen lately is 139.9