Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

42 minutes ago, Peter Grant said:

Stripping some wallpaper earlier I came across some writing that I’d guess dates to about 1910 or so. Thought they could have at least drawn a cock. 

BA3ACE8D-76FA-429A-AF0E-8613073DDF83.jpeg

I found something similar a few years back when I stripped one of our rooms back to the original plaster. Was a drawing of a wifies heid. No boobs though.

2 hours ago, Peter Grant said:

Stripping some wallpaper earlier I came across some writing that I’d guess dates to about 1910 or so. Thought they could have at least drawn a cock. 

BA3ACE8D-76FA-429A-AF0E-8613073DDF83.jpeg

"Whomsoever strips this wall will be cursed to have perpetual work accidents"

Peter Grant: "Meh"

3 hours ago, Peter Grant said:

I don't give a toss about the whole genealogy thing myself, but there's bound to be someone out there who'd soil themselves at the discovery of their great-great-grandfather's handiwork. Have you been at all tempted to look up any records for the tradesmen in question? Do you ever "sign" your work for our descendants in the 22nd century?

This brought back a memory of when I was really young (must have been three years old) and we'd just moved into the main house that I lived at when I was wee. I was playing with a Miss Piggy diecast car on the floor while my mum and dad were stripping the wallpaper in one of the bedrooms and one of them uncovered some graffiti on the wall underneath. I've no idea what it said, but it can't have been very child-friendly, as I got rushed out of the room quite sharpish and never saw it again.

10 hours ago, BFTD said:

I don't give a toss about the whole genealogy thing myself, but there's bound to be someone out there who'd soil themselves at the discovery of their great-great-grandfather's handiwork. Have you been at all tempted to look up any records for the tradesmen in question? Do you ever "sign" your work for our descendants in the 22nd century?

This brought back a memory of when I was really young (must have been three years old) and we'd just moved into the main house that I lived at when I was wee. I was playing with a Miss Piggy diecast car on the floor while my mum and dad were stripping the wallpaper in one of the bedrooms and one of them uncovered some graffiti on the wall underneath. I've no idea what it said, but it can't have been very child-friendly, as I got rushed out of the room quite sharpish and never saw it again.

Were any other P&B'ers able to read at a ridiculously young age?