Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

A sheep was running riot on the road earlier and folk were just driving around it and flashing their lights etc to warn folk, as if it was a Bengal tiger on the loose. Being a man of action I got out to grab it and chuck it over the fence. It took one look at me and threw itself back through the fence. 

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

A sheep was running riot on the road earlier and folk were just driving around it and flashing their lights etc to warn folk, as if it was a Bengal tiger on the loose. Being a man of action I got out to grab it and chuck it over the fence. It took one look at me and threw itself back through the fence. 

Probably recognised you from the last time you tried to shag it.

5 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:
1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

What like is the flight down to Newquay? Wife has wanted to go down that neck of the woods for ages but I've so far managed to hold off, being able to avoid the 14 hour drive would be helpful.

£30-40 each way, £5 in a shared cab to my £90 a night room with bijous toilet facilities because I booked early, currently £260 a night. It makes peak Highlands look cheap. Decent pubs and restaurants in Newquay so far, good bus service so might explore a bit. You might have missed the boat though, today was the last flight down and getting the last flight back on Sunday, think they're just finding something to do with spare planes with all the cancelled flights so it might not be repeated next summer.

55 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:

What like is the flight down to Newquay? Wife has wanted to go down that neck of the woods for ages but I've so far managed to hold off, being able to avoid the 14 hour drive would be helpful.

In pre-pandemic days, the money we (family of four) saved by flying to Exeter instead of Newquay more than covered the cost of car hire for a week.

It’s about a 90 minute drive from Exeter to Newquay.

Edited by Funky Nosejob

20 years ago today, something monumental happened.

Major Charles Ingram won the £1m prize on ITV game show Who Wants To Be A Millionaire. 

Aghast at this, ITV and the production company successfully smeared the good Major. Despite being innocent and winning the prize fairly, he forfeited the sum and his reputation was tarnished. 

Major Charles is still fighting for justice to this day.

#GiveTheMajorHisMillion

2 hours ago, jagfox BLM said:

Just discovered today poppadoms are a thing in Welsh Chinese restaurants?

What is that all about? They have prawn crackers too.

Is nuclear annihilation of the Principality too harsh?

Lived in Wales for 3 years and never understood stuff like this. I had a curry in Swansea that had a dod of mushy peas on the side.

5 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Lived in Wales for 3 years and never understood stuff like this. I had a curry in Swansea that had a dod of mushy peas on the side.

They like peas in a curry too. Strange behaviour. Had a lamb and mint pasty out of a Greggs down in Swansea which was quite nice,