Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

12 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I was at a wedding 2 years ago where everyone was dragged outside by the bride and groom to watch their photo shoot.

I still cringe at it.

You have no idea if that's happening to you or not yet, so keep your powder dry when it comes to cringy wedding stuff for now.......

You have no idea if that's happening to you or not yet, so keep your powder dry when it comes to cringy wedding stuff for now.......

If it does the divorce papers will be served before the ink is dry on the wedding certificate.

39 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Is an "engagement party" a subtle way of telling the groom he isn't getting a stag night? 

It's really just a con to try and get two sets of presents, if you invite me to an engagement party your standard wedding present gets cut to half the amount that would usually be spent.

17 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

A funeral service and a wedding service last about the same length of time.

Granted you don't have to hang about for 3 hours before you get fed at a funeral while the bereaved get their photies took.

Don't go to a Thai funeral, photies being taken by everyone, even videos now with peoples phones. I still feel a bit uneasy about it all. 

You still get a good repast.  Plenty of free food and booze.

Eta - Why I came to this thread.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-58405215 - Thai cops suffocating a suspect, the said cop has 42 cars, 1 worth over £1m, his salary is £1000 per month.

This has been on the news for a few weeks here, now.  BBC gives more details about his wealth than the Thai media are doing at the moment, maybe because it's ongoing (really our media is shite and don't want to ruffle the feathers).  However, the BBC don't mention, that he was on the run for a few days, him and 2 others involved.  He was the last to be found, after he called HQ and demanded a 'fair trial'.

Edited by SlipperyP