Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

9 hours ago, mizfit said:

I proposed last Saturday night.
Since then my fiancé has already booked the following:

Engagement party
Wedding date and venue
DJ’s

She has also managed to choose her bridesmaids and maid of honour, and her hen party location.

I’ve not even given any consideration to groomsmen or anything related to the wedding.

Engagement parties are a pile of shite btw. 

Just now, Empty It said:
27 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Along with the whole wedding process including the wedding?

Na, regardless of your views on marriage as a whole, Weddings are fucking class. One of the best days of my life if not the best, not because of bullshit romantic reasons, but because almost everyone I care about was in the same room, for us. Brilliant. I dont think iv been to a badabd wedding tbf

10 hours ago, mizfit said:

Engagement party
Wedding date and venue
DJ’s

She has also managed to choose her bridesmaids and maid of honour, and her hen party location.

I’ve not even given any consideration to groomsmen or anything related to the wedding.

Bridezilla.

Na, regardless of your views on marriage as a whole, Weddings are fucking class. One of the best days of my life if not the best, not because of bullshit romantic reasons, but because almost everyone I care about was in the same room, for us. Brilliant. I dont think iv been to a badabd wedding tbf
Aye I'll never get married but I'll also never turn down an invitation to a wedding, always a decent party and as you say see loads of people you've not seen in a while.

54 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

only if you don't compare it to something else, if a married couple told me they'd had both an engagement party and after the wedding a gender reveal party, i'm kicking her fanny and his baws for that reveal shite rather than the engagement do.

10 hours ago, mizfit said:

Engagement party
Wedding date and venue
DJ’s

She'll organise all that for you, too.

8 minutes ago, GordonD said:

I admit I don't know who any of these people are but the guy on the right looks as if he's being attacked by a shark.

some guy from that karaoke show, the greatest woman on telly {she's has overcooked more gammons than ma maw}, the fastest man ever {even faster than willie pettigrew} some bird they're trying to make popular and a household name {but it just isnt working}  an irish fella called jimmy

Edited by Meldrew

Surely that's hee haw to do with her?

I think she’s made a suggestion, but a very strong arm suggestion.

I’ve basically turned around to my pals and said I’m no fussed on the stag, just let me get pissed and watch football.

7 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I think she’s made a suggestion, but a very strong arm suggestion.

I’ve basically turned around to my pals and said I’m no fussed on the stag, just let me get pissed and watch football.

PAY-Lee-Forrester.jpg

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I don't mind a wedding reception but I feel uncomfortable at weddings purely to how formal they can be. Anything that's remotely posh/ I have to get dressed nicely for takes me right out of my comfort zone tbh.

Aye, I don’t like formal events either.  Funerals are worse than weddings but are shorter so better in that respect.

17 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Aye, I don’t like formal events either.  Funerals are worse than weddings but are shorter so better in that respect.

A funeral service and a wedding service last about the same length of time.

Granted you don't have to hang about for 3 hours before you get fed at a funeral while the bereaved get their photies took.

A funeral service and a wedding service last about the same length of time.
Granted you don't have to hang about for 3 hours before you get fed at a funeral while the bereaved get their photies took.

I was at a wedding 2 years ago where everyone was dragged outside by the bride and groom to watch their photo shoot.

I still cringe at it.

2 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I actually quite enjoy weddings and funerals. Free meal and plenty of drink. I also look very good in a suit 

how about making a bit of money then, whatever you shoplift, i'll give you 40% of the shop price, if things go wrong, its Hamilton Sheriff and you looking sharp