Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

6 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Being forced to watch ITV / BBC London news really makes you appreciate how blessed we are to have the likes of Sophie Wallace, Anne Lundon, etc etc.  Even Skeleton Joy is a babe* in comparison.

*Genuinely would be if somebody fed her a burger or two imho.

I believe this is the second post in a few days from you, without the pics.  I would tell you to stop posting, particularly on Sundays, as that's banhammer day. 

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Popped into the wee kitchen at work to be confronted with this. 

80316279-5E95-4A36-AE17-C778901131DC.jpeg

St least it is still in date. My office had a bag of crisps that went out of date in June 2020 when I went back in. They were not tasty.

Just played one of they jelly bean roullette things with the kids. Didnt think the flavours would be that bad... Land on watermelon or rubbish and got the rubbish one. Wretched immediately and had to spit it out or id have definitely been sick.

So I recommend it to all.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Just played one of they jelly bean roullette things with the kids. Didnt think the flavours would be that bad... Land on watermelon or rubbish and got the rubbish one. Wretched immediately and had to spit it out or id have definitely been sick.

So I recommend it to all.

Been meaning to break this news to you before, but your apostrophe key appears to be stuck. 

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Serbs have made the man who triggered WW1 a national hero. A fifth of their population died in the war caused by this mans actions and they love him. Mad Balkan b*****ds.

Austria had annexed Bosnia (with a large Serb population) in 1908. Princip could be viewed from a certain perspective as the Serb equivalent of Connolly and Pearse, whose uprising wasn't generally supported, a failure in that it was crushed, and they only became heroic martyrs when the British executed them.

The Serb army retreated from the Austrians in 1915 through the Albanian mountains to Greece, losing a third of the number to disease (and attacks by Albanian bandits) Scots nurses and doctors went out to Serbia to help the population and Edinburgh born Dr Elsie Inglis featured on a Serbian stamp recently.

They are mad though. I heard an archive recording of a British officer in Salonika recalling how the navy shot down a Zeppelin "it crash landed near the Serbs and they took great delight throwing the escaping Germans back into the flames"

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Austria had annexed Bosnia (with a large Serb population) in 1908. Princip could be viewed from a certain perspective as the Serb equivalent of Connolly and Pearse, whose uprising wasn't generally supported, a failure in that it was crushed, and they only became heroic martyrs when the British executed them.

The Serb army retreated from the Austrians in 1915 through the Albanian mountains to Greece, losing a third of the number to disease (and attacks by Albanian bandits) Scots nurses and doctors went out to Serbia to help the population and Edinburgh born Dr Elsie Inglis featured on a Serbian stamp recently.

b009twl8-wee.jpg

11 hours ago, tamthebam said:

We had a holiday in Gouvia in Corfu a couple of years ago and it's where the boats across from Albania landed. The numbers who perished on the route, at sea and even when they reached Corfu were horrendous. There is a small monument dedicated to the Serbs on the beach there. 

31 minutes ago, PWL said:

We had a holiday in Gouvia in Corfu a couple of years ago and it's where the boats across from Albania landed. The numbers who perished on the route, at sea and even when they reached Corfu were horrendous. There is a small monument dedicated to the Serbs on the beach there. 

Went to Corfu a couple of years back and was waited on the whole time by an angelic Estonian girl who spent her days bringing us chips and drinks to our cabana by the pool. Feel a bit guilty now for being an opulent pig.

49 minutes ago, PWL said:

^^^

arrival – Sick Chirpse

26 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Went to Corfu a couple of years back and was waited on the whole time by an angelic Estonian girl who spent her days bringing us chips and drinks to our cabana by the pool. Feel a bit guilty now for being an opulent pig.

I'm a history geek so family used to me dragging them places  while we're away when they just want to sit by pool with paprika Pringles and Fanta Limon. 

1 minute ago, PWL said:

I'm a history geek so family used to me dragging them places  while we're away when they just want to sit by pool with paprika Pringles and Fanta Limon. 

Thought Corfu town was incredibly Venetian looking. Then I looked on the map and read up a bit and you could clearly see the influences of the close trade links.

010C529C-8DAE-4927-A20E-DAE2E3FDBD36.jpeg

Edited by Shandon Par

17 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

@manpreet_ptfc banned from Angus for shouting racist abuse at Arbroath.

p***k. 

Seems a pretty lenient court order, doesn't even look like he will be banned form attending Firhill when Arbroath come to the ground which seems unfair on the person (s) he directed his alleged abuse towards.