Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
8 minutes ago, dave258 said:
That Covid thread on here. Wow. That's a lot of angry, angry people howling into a void & a fair few utter loonballs.

It's the same here in regards to frozen desserts...

I would rather read the Covid thread in it's entirety than ever read you calling an ice pole a fucking "tip top" ever, ever again. 

Just now, Empty It said:
51 minutes ago, GordonS said:
Tip Top is just one brand of ice pole. It's like calling all jubilees Kwenchy Kups. 

Isn't jubilee a brand?

Not where I grew up, no. It might come from a Jubbly, which was a weird pyramidal juice thing, but we never even had those where I was growing up. Jubilees were usually Kwenchy Kups but sometimes they were an even worse brand.

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
11 minutes ago, dave258 said:
That Covid thread on here. Wow. That's a lot of angry, angry people howling into a void & a fair few utter loonballs.

What thread is that quote from? It doesn't have a wee linky arrow.

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
10 minutes ago, dave258 said:

And I've just realised you've called it a dessert as well. I can just imagine your old dear giving you a bowl after your main course saying, "There's yer tip top son".

13 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
17 minutes ago, dave258 said:

I want no part in these shenanigans, it's too fucking hot for this carry on.

Watching that film killed my childhood. It was so bad I remember being annoyed, I must have been a teenager and I wanted it to be funny but it was just so shite it made me grow up on the spot.

I don’t know if I want to go back and watch Scary Movie because I like to think they were better than this but maybe they weren’t?

I saw this because people I know were chatting about it and linked to this:

"Isn’t it massive consumer fraud to charge $10.50 for a barely hour-long movie? Perhaps, but it would’ve been unforgivable to make Meet the Spartans any longer than an hour. This was the worst movie I’ve ever seen, so bad that I hesitate to label it a “movie” and thus reflect shame upon the entire medium of film. Friedberg and Seltzer do not practice the same craft as P.T. Anderson, David Cronenberg, Michael Bay, Kevin Costner, The Zucker brothers, the Wayans Brothers, Uwe Boll, any dad who takes shaky home movies on a camping trip, or a bear who turns on a video camera by accident while trying to eat it. They are not filmmakers. They are evildoers, charlatans, symbols of Western civilization's decline under the weight of too many pop culture references".

And if anything it’s too kind to this movie.

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

And I've just realised you've called it a dessert as well. I can just imagine your old dear giving you a bowl after your main course saying, "There's yer tip top son".

Got there before me my learned friend. An ice pole being called a frozen desert? It's no a Vienetta pal 

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

I don’t know if I want to go back and watch Scary Movie because I like to think they were better than this but maybe they weren’t?

I saw this because people I know were chatting about it and linked to this:

"Isn’t it massive consumer fraud to charge $10.50 for a barely hour-long movie? Perhaps, but it would’ve been unforgivable to make Meet the Spartans any longer than an hour. This was the worst movie I’ve ever seen, so bad that I hesitate to label it a “movie” and thus reflect shame upon the entire medium of film. Friedberg and Seltzer do not practice the same craft as P.T. Anderson, David Cronenberg, Michael Bay, Kevin Costner, The Zucker brothers, the Wayans Brothers, Uwe Boll, any dad who takes shaky home movies on a camping trip, or a bear who turns on a video camera by accident while trying to eat it. They are not filmmakers. They are evildoers, charlatans, symbols of Western civilization's decline under the weight of too many pop culture references".

And if anything it’s too kind to this movie.

I looked it up before and we would have been 15ish when it came out which makes sense because Epic Movie was awesome for me and I would've probably been 12-14 so had clearly just grown up by the time they came out. I think Scary Movie was a bit funnier overall, I'm pretty sure they advertised Meet The Spartans as 2 of the writers from Scary Movie so they were definitely scraping the barrel by that point. 

I took media studies in 5th year at school and we watched and analysed the movie Scream, I love that film now but I had never seen that back then and had only seen Scary Movie.... the class was one where the dumb 6th years would take it too so there was basically the fit birds from the year above me in the class... when it got to the scene at the start where the guy is in the bedroom trying to get it on with his girlfriend, he's unsuccessful and whilst climbing back out the window she says "What about PG13?" And pops off her blouse and you see her boobs (with bra on) all I could remember was in Scary Movie when the same scene happens and when he looks back she waps out a floppy pair of manboobs, I burst out laughing with my mate and aw the fit ones shook their head and called me immature. It was like a scene from the Inbetweeners fs... 

38 minutes ago, Empty It said:
54 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:
Posters, please, there will be time for the frozen pudding chat later.
You still owe me 10 more Iroquois Twists.

Dessert I can almost handle but calling an ice pole pudding is ludicrous.

Isn't dessert and pudding the same thing in Scotland?

d76.gif

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, dave258 said:

A3CF687B-3F50-4004-B064-BA4BDD5FB318.gif.ac719a266beb200daf7e527eeff1acf1.gif

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
4 hours ago, LondonHMFC said:
I managed to eat a blackcurrant ice pole at the bus stop this morning (did not fancy driving in this shape) and subsequently chundered a lovely purple sweet smelling substance on the pavement. I've had a bottle of irn bru in the freezer for a couple of hours, waiting for it to become a slush puppy type consistency and try and get that down. 

What's an ice pole? Is this another word for a tip top?

Has anyone seen the BEASTwatch thread?

5 minutes ago, 101 said:

Amazing to see this in the forth. As it has a taste for unusual shoes no doubt it's on its way further west to visit @Shandon Par

I saw an octopus in the wild for the first and last time about three years ago and it also changed it's colour to suit it's surroundings. Incredible scenes at the beach.