Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

17 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Seen, accepted and raised to the same Duckula outro in French but he's called Mordicus and the way the word 'Mordicus' is sung in the credits is FUCKING HILARIOUS.

Edited by djchapsticks

By the sounds of things he was a right arsehole.
Mental how the same website (BBC) covers DMXs death with a warts and all description of his life, and also splatters their website with gushing tributes to the auld Duke without so much of a mention of his various indiscretions.

Totally pathetic.

Listening to a fascinating series of podcasts by Michael Portillo called things we forgot to remember.

Topics include Magna Carta, The Armada and right up to incidents in ww2.

A really good listen with each episode circa 30 mins, they are about ten years old so sadly no more I expect.

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Seen, accepted and raised to the same Duckula outro in French but he's called Mordicus and the way the word 'Mordicus' is sung in the credits is FUCKING HILARIOUS.

The narrator has a suitably French name- Daniel SARKY

Anyone know the safest way to overtake a gritter at night? 

Did this on Thursday (for the first time I think) and despite blasting away with my scoosher and wipers throughout the manoeuvre my view through the windscreen got almost completely obliterated leaving me desperately trying to navigate my car in a straight line. 

13 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Anyone know the safest way to overtake a gritter at night? 

Did this on Thursday (for the first time I think) and despite blasting away with my scoosher and wipers throughout the manoeuvre my view through the windscreen got almost completely obliterated leaving me desperately trying to navigate my car in a straight line. 

It sort of happened to me on the A70 one winter night. Pitch black, didn't know the road that well and I couldn't see far enough ahead to be confident of overtaking safely. So I had to hang back. Fortunately the Lanarkshire gritter reached the council border with West Lothian and turned around so I had a clear road ahead.

So you have to wait until you reach a local authority border...

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:
2 hours ago, throbber said:
In what way?

Driving drunk without a license, not paying child support, animal cruelty, et cetera. All arseholeish behaviour.

And homophobic lyrics. 

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

It sort of happened to me on the A70 one winter night. Pitch black, didn't know the road that well and I couldn't see far enough ahead to be confident of overtaking safely. So I had to hang back. Fortunately the Lanarkshire gritter reached the council border with West Lothian and turned around so I had a clear road ahead.

So you have to wait until you reach a local authority border...

I thought it would be worse when the gritter turned round. Unless the West Lothian one had been there already.

Edited by jimbaxters