Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

David Seaman's save against Sheffield United was better than Gordon Banks' save

The best save I've ever seen was in the reality TV programme "The Match" a few years ago in a game between eleven celebrities and eleven ex-pros.

Neville Southall was the man in goal and he had either saved (or it had been deflected) back out to the opposing striker, who was Anthony Hutton of ex-Big Brother fame.

With Southall still lying sprawled on the ground, Hutton went to lift the ball over him, and Southall rose like a salmon to tip the ball over the bar.

I have hunted high and low to find a clip of this and can't.

The best save I've ever seen was in the reality TV programme "The Match" a few years ago in a game between eleven celebrities and eleven ex-pros.

Neville Southall was the man in goal and he had either saved (or it had been deflected) back out to the opposing striker, who was Anthony Hutton of ex-Big Brother fame.

With Southall still lying sprawled on the ground, Hutton went to lift the ball over him, and Southall rose like a salmon to tip the ball over the bar.

I have hunted high and low to find a clip of this and can't.

I saw it and concur. Hutton was not a bad player also, if I remember rightly. Did he not used to be pro?

David Seaman's save against Sheffield United was better than Gordon Banks' save

The best thing about that save is that half way through a dive that Seaman is assuming is in vain, he suddenly feels the ball on his finger tips and realises 'crikey, I'm getting to this!' It's only at this point that it becomes a genuine effort at preventing a goal.

I have a dilemma. Needing to go into Paisley tomorrow for a pointless errand, however thought that I may as well make it worthwhile and head into Glasgow to watch one of the games in the Ramsden's Cup. Unsure whether to go to Firhill and watch Stenhousemuir or go to Hampden and watch Queens Park v Hamilton. Either is good but do P&B have any advice as to which one I should go to? Value for money, quality etc etc advice would be appreciated. Thanks people.:)

I have a dilemma. Needing to go into Paisley tomorrow for a pointless errand, however thought that I may as well make it worthwhile and head into Glasgow to watch one of the games in the Ramsden's Cup. Unsure whether to go to Firhill and watch Stenhousemuir or go to Hampden and watch Queens Park v Hamilton. Either is good but do P&B have any advice as to which one I should go to? Value for money, quality etc etc advice would be appreciated. Thanks people.:)

Personal choice, both games shouldn't be a forgone conclusion. Personally I would go to Firhill.

The best thing about that save is that half way through a dive that Seaman is assuming is in vain, he suddenly feels the ball on his finger tips and realises 'crikey, I'm getting to this!' It's only at this point that it becomes a genuine effort at preventing a goal.

For me it's just the fact he's able to reach out, stop the ball on his palm of his hand and still has the strength to scoop it out of the way. He was 39 at the time as well

I'd say Partick v Stenny would probably be your best bet for a half decent game of football. Also, Stenny might win and then you'd get to laugh at Partick Thistle, which is always fun.

I assumed everyone thought David Attenborough was cool.

His voice is sexy. And everyone better think he's cool because if they think differently he'll smite them.

I passed my driving test first time and with only two minors, I don't think I have sweated as much in my life, so so chuffed.

is this not a RTBC?:D anyway well done mate

i sat my first driving lesson today :ph34r:

I'm half cut and I'm watching the whole Foo Fighters' set from TITP this year :D I also want to try those Asda noodles that cost 11p but I don't have any of them :( .

I passed my driving test first time and with only two minors, I don't think I have sweated as much in my life, so so chuffed.

I guess, to be honest a little tipsy and saw this a thought I'd post it, how did you get on?

No wonder you were sweating during your test...