Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

£30 for this, nice wee earner for Boris Johnsons chums...

skynews-free-school-meals-food_5234892.j

An angry mother has tweeted a photo of what she says in an inadequate food hamper to replace free school meals for her children.

The mother said the parcel had been issued by Chartwells, a private company contracted by the Department for Education, instead of £30 worth of vouchers

16 hours ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Best score of the round! All downhill from there.

Just watched it on catch-up. You did well, given the usual English-slanted nature of the questions. I'd have got Stamford Bridge though.

I knew you weren't going to win because you'd already told us you were on twice and you don't come back if you reach the final.

26 minutes ago, bennett said:

£30 for this, nice wee earner for Boris Johnsons chums...

skynews-free-school-meals-food_5234892.j

An angry mother has tweeted a photo of what she says in an inadequate food hamper to replace free school meals for her children.

The mother said the parcel had been issued by Chartwells, a private company contracted by the Department for Education, instead of £30 worth of vouchers

Just seen this on the TV news. That is supposed to be for one child for TEN DAYS!

2 hours ago, GordonD said:

Just seen this on the TV news. That is supposed to be for one child for TEN DAYS!

1 tomato, 2 carrots, 2 spuds, a handful of pasta in a freezer bag, 3 apples, a cheap loaf, some loose cheese slices, 2 ripe bananas, 2 biscuits and 3 squeezy things. 

Lucky if that came to £3 or £4 . Either give the people the money directly or give people normal store vouchers (ones which don't stigmatise). 

3 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Supplied by Chartwells. 

Part of the Compass Group. 

Chairman, Paul Walsh.

Colour me fucking surprised. 

Yes well Compass have to keep their profits up somehow. Everyday I am given another reason why I rejoined The Labour Party.

A lot of folk seem to think that food thing is supposed to feed a child for the period but I thought it was supposed to be lunch only.

I know the Tory b*****ds have still bumped them but I am unsure if it was lunch only? 

13 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

A lot of folk seem to think that food thing is supposed to feed a child for the period but I thought it was supposed to be lunch only.

I know the Tory b*****ds have still bumped them but I am unsure if it was lunch only? 

Not one lunch though. 

I can make out how they're to get 10 puddings (5x fruit, 2x cake, 3x fomage frais). I reckon if the bread has 5 days on it you'd get 3x beans on toast + 2 x cheese on toast (nb- not roasted cheese, heathens) for week one. That leaves some dry pasta and vegetables for week 2. Even vegans would be unhappy with that. 

2 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

That's the last filament light bulb gone in the house. End of an era.

I have a five bulb fitting in the living room here with candle shaped filament bulbs that had been in it 8+ years without blowing.

replaced them last year with energy saving led ones and 2 are gone already.