Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

7 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Possibly late to the party with this, but Rangers official Twitter account not advertising that fans in the UK could purchase St Mirrens stream for the game last week is so so so so so petty. Mentioned on here before that there was Rangers fans on Twitter demanding that no fan should pay for either the St Johnstone or St Mirren official stream and to watch it illegally either through a VPN with Rangers TV or on Hesgoal etc.

From fans that’s fair enough, can’t get too annoyed at that, the majority of Rangers fans don’t have a lot of money and come from the poorest and most impoverished parts of our society. Every day that a direct debit comes off their account is a struggle for them, and paying a Sky Sports subscription (or in most cases a NowTV pass, because as I said, they don’t have a lot of money), eats in to a large chunk of their income. That said, Rangers fans have had all but 2 away games shown live on TV. They would have had to fork out the grand sum of about 25 quid to watch both the St Johnstone and St Mirren game legally, and would have been able to watch the games from the comfort of their own living room, albeit in amongst an array of chippy wrappers and half eaten munchy boxes, because as I said, they don’t have a lot of money. 

Compare that to almost any other team, apart from Celtic obviously, who’s fans will have had to pay out well over £100 in some cases to watch all away games legally. I know in St Mirren and Dundee Uniteds case it’s closer to £150, possibly some other clubs are similar, but all much much higher than Rangers and Celtic. In my experience, there is a direct correlation between Scottish football fans who don’t support one of the old firm, and people who have a large amount of disposable income. This allows fans of non-OF teams to be able to purchase streams legally without having to worry about putting themselves in to a tough financial situation. So to have Rangers fans shouting about not giving money to other clubs for their streaming service when they are getting the majority of their away games shown on Sky is a bit galling, although not unexpected from a fan base with such a low level of education, and as I previously said, very little money. 

But to then have the OFFICIAL Rangers Twitter account dance along to their brain dead supporters tune, and show a level of pettiness that I actually didn’t think that club would sink to, was sad to see. I follow every Premiership team on Twitter, and Rangers and Celtic excepted, they all advertise the opposing teams stream. Just a small post telling their fans that they can legally watch the game using the home teams official stream, how much it is, the link to the web page etc. 

For a team that love to tell anyone who will listen about their class, traditions, professionalism, wearing suits on the team bus etc., whatever they want to call that, them (and Celtic, who don’t even bother to offer a stream to away fans) are the most classless, amoral clubs that will ever exist.  

6 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

I’ve actually been in the home end at Ibrox on more than one occasion. I took a Rangers supporting family member to the Champions League games the season Sevilla were in your group. I can genuinely say that being in amongst that level of poverty, witnessing it up close, was a humbling experience. I’ve got good friends that are Rangers season ticket holders, and after my experience at Ibrox I always ask them how they can be comfortable being associated with the sort of jakeballs that they sit amongst every week. I was only there for 3 games and I seen and heard enough that would make me think very hard about associating myself with that club and it’s support. It’s always said that it’s a ‘minority’ dragging down the good name of the Rangers fans, but in my experience it’s a minority of sensible fans who turn a blind eye to what they see and hear at ibrox every game. 

3 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Don’t have the first clue who that man is, but I can absolutely guarantee he spent the first 50 years of his life singing sectarian songs and wonders what all the fuss is about these days. Will probably spend his final moments on earth, under heavy sedation, muttering about Ulster, King Billy and the other nonsense that Rangers fans in Scotland seem to think is important in the year 2021. So sad. 

3 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

That is an excellent gif, one which really encapsulates the feelings a sensible Rangers fan will go through when he realises his seat in the Govan Rear is surrounded by people that live in council houses, and go to the pie stall at half time to try and buy a pie and bovril with a bag of 12 millimetre washers. 

2 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

I don’t support Celtic and I am working class myself.

To be genuine for a minute, and this isn’t a dig aimed at any Rangers fan on here as I am aware that there is many normal and sensible Rangers fans out there and all supports have their share of daftys among them, but I truly believe they must turn up at Ibrox and block out some of the unsavoury stuff that they have undoubtedly seen and heard.

The Rangers Sevilla game at Ibrox I attended with a female family member, we sat directly to the left of the directors box in the middle of the main stand. As the game started two Spanish guys in their 60s wearing the official Sevilla suit and tie got turned away from the directors box, and the only 2 seats available were beside where we were sitting. They came and sat down, apologising for making people move for them, couldn’t have been nicer. Sevilla scored quite early as I recall and one of the guys let out a wee cheer and fist pump. A boy about 3 rows infront hears the cheer, turns round and launches a cup of fizzy juice right into the guys face. They both get up and left immediately, not one fan in the vicinity said a word. As the game went on and Rangers were getting skelped 3 or 4 nil, a fan jumped up and shouted ‘f**k the Pope’, which prompted another to shout ‘and f**k him again’ and someone else shouts ‘and f**k him again’ and so on and so on. Now this was my first ever time in the home end at ibrox, so this might either be the first time that has ever happened, or more likely it happens quite regularly and all these Rangers fans on here who condemn sectarianism at Ibrox have never heard it, or they do hear it and turn a deaf ear. 

26 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

‘Absolutely fucking pathetic’ is harsh, very harsh.

It’s words on a screen, try and not get too uptight about it, there’s a big world out there. 

Funny that none of the Rangers fans have made comment on the sectarian behaviour I witnessed though, the very first time I ever set foot in Ibrox. What a coincidence that was. 

One too many, IMO. 

7 minutes ago, virginton said:

Not so much of a heads' gone as a 'lock and set it on fire' thread. 

Bin fire and car crash don't seem adequate.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Due to how cold it is in my flat I have purchased long johns.

They are a revelation.

Like the cowboys had with scalp at the bum?