Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

In the away team dressing room at Chelsea's stadium, the coat-hangers are very high up to strain the players' limbs; the tactics board is at the back of the door, which is a fire exit and must stay open; and the mirrors give players the impression of being smaller than they actually are.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/revealed-footballs-most-devious-away-153056008.html

Caley Thistle CEO and World renowned "spoofer" Scot Gardiner has had one vodka too many folks. 
1596053251_WhatsAppImage2020-12-31at19_39_19.thumb.jpeg.f21009cd058a65f9c3868d78c3f32daa.jpeg.440515de161ef2ec979f807111d1f7e5.jpeg
Had a look for the new Heads Gone thread but it appears to have gone, ironically enough. 

He will feel a bit silly when he realises the the Tynecastle Arms, like every other pub in Edinburgh, has been shut for months because of COVID-19

On 30/12/2020 at 22:02, MS RR said:

Oh here comes the invasion from the small clubs with the inferiority complex again. We just need Raith fans to come in and it's a tin-pot party. It's funny to know that if you combine Morton and Raith's average home attendances it still wouldn't match Falkirk's 😆.

On 30/12/2020 at 22:25, MS RR said:

Well I quite enjoy it, they're just so sensitive to being called tin-pot that it's great fun to play on their size rage haha. Morton, QoS and Raith enjoy us being in the seaside league a lot. QoS will certainly be playing in league 1 next year so they should make the most of their tenure in the "big league". 

On 31/12/2020 at 10:17, MS RR said:

What a lot of drivel, I seriously doubt your a Falkirk fan. Surviving in the championship will never be a fulfilling ambition for us. We should be an SPL team and at worst competing for promotion to the SPL. 

On 31/12/2020 at 12:41, Proudtobeabairn said:

Pish - Falkirk are a bigger club (in terms of support and potential income) than a good number in the SPL and all of those 'new' clubs you've mentioned.  We aren't there because of mismanagement.  Get things right off the park and in the dugout and we can 100% become an established premier league club.  Any argument to the contrary is just accepting failure.    

On 31/12/2020 at 13:51, HopeStreetWalker said:

Falkirk have under preformed for decades. Glimpses of what could be done were seen with Cunningham , Totten , Jeffries , Hughes , Houston before it all goes wrong.

It's as if we have this gene for grasping defeat and decline form the jaws of long term success.

In the end it comes down to ownership St Johnstone being the example of what happens when you get it right.

On 31/12/2020 at 16:12, MS RR said:

Yes, we should be like St Johnstone or Kilmarnock, in fact, we should 100% be better than St Johnstone based purely on our fanbase. Fanbase is everything in Scotland because, unlike England, there is no massive TV deals here. Falkirk have an attendance which is greater than almost half the clubs in the SPL. It is therefore reasonable to expect that we should be at a significantly higher level than we are. 

I think you're likely a bitter Raith or Morton fan who's on the windup here. The stuff you're coming out with sounds identical to the things those fan bases come up with because they don't like to admit that we genuinely are a biggish club in Scotland. 

On 31/12/2020 at 20:45, MS RR said:

Yes that's the perspective of a bitter fan from one of the tin-pot teams in Scotland. Like it or not, our fans have a reasonable and justifiable expectation to be an SPL team. If we're a yoyo team going from SPL to Championship frequently then that would be acceptable tbh. I'm afraid trying to argue that we should be happy to stay up in the championship is laughable. Let's remember, we hadn't dropped down into the 3rd tier of Scottish football for over 50 years when we were relegated in 2019. I imagine whoever you support drop in and out of the 3rd tier quite often. 

These are just some of my favourites, couldn't cut it down further. Congrats!

2 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Falkirk fans are angry delusional weirdos.  In my lifetime they've spent the vast majority of their time in tier 2 yet somehow a lot of them seem to think they have some right to be in the top flight.

Stay doon you Grangemouth wallopers.

Reading through some of that stuff, it's glaringly obvious that spending that time in Dunfermline's shadow has rattled them.  They claim some moral high ground to make them feel better (lost count of "0p in the pound") but seeing them fall so far behind a post-admin Pars (especially a relatively pish side last season) has pushed some into seething mess territory.

9 hours ago, supermik said:

Have had a loose tooth for a few weeks. Been struggling to eat with it over the entire festive season. The little fucker decided that tonight, at the end of festivities, I could finally pull it out (fnarr). 
The relief is incredible but must admit that I will miss it!

Look on the bright side. At least the bite marks in the hostel cheese won't match up any longer.

26 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Reading through some of that stuff, it's glaringly obvious that spending that time in Dunfermline's shadow has rattled them.  They claim some moral high ground to make them feel better (lost count of "0p in the pound") but seeing them fall so far behind a post-admin Pars (especially a relatively pish side last season) has pushed some into seething mess territory.

It's excellent isn't it.

If a large chunk of your fans still refer to the top flight as the SPL then you've been away from it too long to be called a sleeping giant.

Unfortunately there are only two giants in Scottish football, and neither are sleeping.
Lee Wilkie isn't in his bed?

2 hours ago, Tynierose said:

Falkirk fans are angry delusional weirdos.  In my lifetime they've spent the vast majority of their time in tier 2 yet somehow a lot of them seem to think they have some right to be in the top flight.

They really should have Why Does it Always Rain on Me as the club song.

15 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

They really should have Why Does it Always Rain on Me as the club song.

'Turn' would be more fitting actually:

I want to sing, to sing my song
I want to live in a world where I belong

I want to live, I will survive 
And I believe that it won't be very long...

Edited by Hedgecutter

6 hours ago, Tynierose said:

Nearly all supporters come to see the high water mark as their perceived natural position in life, but Falkirk's presentation of that is even more ludicrous than the others at the moment.

Thats yer adobe flash officially pan bread

Adobe Flash Player, the browser plug-in that brought rich animations and interactivity to the early web, has officially reached the end of its life.

Released in 1996, Flash was once one of the most popular ways for people to stream videos and play games online.

But it was plagued with security problems and failed to transition to the smartphone era.

Adobe will no longer offer security updates for Flash and has urged people to uninstall it.

It will also stop videos and animations running in its Flash Player from 12 January.

Why was Flash popular?

When Flash was first released, a majority of internet users connected via dial-up connections that were very slow by today's standards.

But Flash let web designers and animators deliver exciting content that could be downloaded relatively quickly.

"You could make a full three-minute animation with multiple characters, backgrounds, sounds and music less than 2 megabytes (MB) and viewable from within the browser," explained animator David Firth.

His surreal animations and characters - such as the gangly, green hunchback Salad Fingers - enjoyed viral success before the advent of social media.

"I just made the stuff I wanted to see that I felt was missing: dark, surreal comedy," he told the BBC.

"There were no shortcuts to viral content. No corporate fingers twiddling the algorithms. It was simply attention-grabbing and quality material that rose to the top."

Sites such as Newgrounds - described as "the YouTube of Flash" by Mr Firth - sprung up to serve the growing demand for cartoons and interactive games.

"It was the first website I'd ever seen that allowed anyone to post content and it be available in real time. If the community felt the content was low quality, it would get removed at the end of the day so you actually had to take that into account when posting," he said.

What happened?

Flash was about more than just animations - it also let websites such as YouTube stream high-quality video.

By 2009, Adobe said Flash was installed on 99% of internet-connected desktop PCs.

But by then the world was shifting towards mobile devices and Adobe was slow to react.

"We had optimised for lower-end phones with Flash Lite," explains David Mendels, former executive vice president of products at Adobe.

"It was incredibly successful in places like Japan, but it wasn't the same as the full desktop Flash. It wasn't fully compatible."

In April 2010, Apple's Steve Jobs wrote a blistering open letter headlined Thoughts On Flash, in which he laid out why Apple would not let Flash run on iPhones and iPads.

Flash, he argued, was cumbersome to use on a touchscreen, unreliable, a security threat and a drain on battery life.

He said videos and animations could instead be delivered with HTML5 and other open technologies, making Flash redundant on a smartphone or tablet.

"When the iPhone came out, Flash wasn't quite ready," Mr Mendels told the BBC.

"But also I think Apple wanted to create an Apple-only ecosystem."

Eventually, Adobe did get a version of its Flash Player working on smartphones.

But the internet had moved on. Big brands such as Facebook, Netflix and YouTube were already streaming videos to smartphones without Flash and in November 2011 Adobe ended development of Flash for mobile devices.

It continued to produce Flash for desktop computers, but the software suffered from multiple security flaws.

In 2015, Apple disabled the plug-in in its Safari web browser by default, and Google's Chrome started blocking some pieces of Flash content.

In July 2017, Adobe announced that it would retire Flash in 2020.

It said other technologies, such as HTML5 had matured enough to provide a "viable alternative", without requiring users to install and update a dedicated plug-in.

What happens to all the old animations?

Since Adobe will prevent Flash Player from displaying content from 12 January, there are concerns that years of animations, games and interactive websites will be lost.

Gaming company Zynga closed the original version of its FarmVille video game on New Year's Eve after 11 years, as it relied on Flash to run.

An open, collaborative project known as Ruffle is working to develop software that can play Flash content in a web browser, without requiring a plug-in.

The Internet Archive is currently hosting more than 2,000 items.

Its collection includes episodes of Salad Fingers, although David Firth has posted official copies on YouTube, which he considers to have been a "Flash killer".

"As time went on and YouTube offered higher and higher-quality video formats, there was simply no reason to post in the Flash format," he explained.

But since Flash was also used for interactive websites and games, there was "every reason to preserve the format", he told the BBC.

Many of the features animators used are still available in Adobe Animate.

In its final update, Adobe said: "We want to take a moment to thank all of our customers and developers who have used and created amazing Flash Player content over the last two decades.

"We are proud that Flash had a crucial role in evolving web content across animation, interactivity, audio, and video."

How can I remove Flash from my computer?

Adobe has provided instructions for removing Flash on Windows and Mac computers on its website.

It has warned: "Uninstalling Flash Player will help to secure your system since Adobe does not intend to issue Flash Player updates or security patches after the end-of-life date."

47 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Nearly all supporters come to see the high water mark as their perceived natural position in life, but Falkirk's presentation of that is even more ludicrous than the others at the moment.

Absolutely disgusting that a part time team had the temerity to beat them today, don't they know their place, Fawkirk should be in the top flight ffs.