Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

On 31/12/2020 at 19:27, Stainrod said:

I agree we need to target being top six in the premier in 4 or 5 years time . That is a reasonable target given our fan base , stadium etc. 

12 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Another bug bear of mine , why do so many compare us to English football so much? In purely Scottish terms, we probably are a sleeping giant considering we had been in the top flight or challenging for it for so long (bar the very odd season, really from the mid 80s). Considering our last good crack at it was now over 3 years ago, I’m going to say we are a sleeping giant.

Some more gems from the Falkirk thread: truly the gift that just keeps on giving.

Just now, virginton said:

Some more gems from the Falkirk thread: truly the gift that just keeps on giving.

Holy f**k :lol: not been in that thread for a while, I shall be heading there now.

In purely Scottish terms, we probably are a sleeping giant considering we had been in the top flight or challenging for it for so long (bar the very odd season, really from the mid 80s). Considering our last good crack at it was now over 3 years ago, I’m going to say we are a sleeping giant.

1920px-Falkirk_FC_League_Performance.svg.png

The top flight will truly remain unrecognisable until Falkirk are back. 

7 minutes ago, virginton said:

Facts though: Lots of Prem and higher up the second tier compared to a Morton. Knock yourself out with your cutting wit but it’s all there.

Can’t say I’ve checked the Morton thread recently either. Am I missing out?

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

10 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Not remotely, no. "sleeping giant" suggests some sort of notoriety or reputation to begin with which is no longer being achieved. This is not the case. 

I would say decent amounts of time in the Premier League and challenging for top flight status on numerous occasions and quite of lot of going far in the cup competitions over the last 30 years is a the sign of a good reputation (don’t know if I would want to be notorious). Hard times just now and for a while though hence, yeah, sleeping giant (humour me, I’m not comparing us to those genuine sleeping giants down in the promised land that is English football and a Sunderland!).

Also, I am seeing quite a bit of tier one in that lovely graph you’ve got there.

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

11 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

I would say decent amounts of time in the Premier League and challenging for top flight status on numerous occasions and quite of lot of going far in the cup competitions over the last 30 years is a the sign of a good reputation (don’t know if I would want to be notorious). Hard times just now and for a while though hence, yeah, sleeping giant (humour me, I’m not comparing us to those genuine sleeping giants down in the promised land that is English football and a Sunderland!).

Also, I am seeing quite a bit of tier one in that lovely graph you’ve got there.

Try sleeping normal sized person.

Spoiler

With 3 limbs.

39 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Look, sleeping giant is a romantic term used in football. Very subjective. Even heard it used for Ayr Utd because they had a good spell in the 70s! We’ve had a bad patch after a consistent level of performance over a long period. We’re a Sleeping giant. Cheers.

Aye, like the one in "The Goodies and the Beanstalk".

Giant_(Goodies).png

Have had a loose tooth for a few weeks. Been struggling to eat with it over the entire festive season. The little fucker decided that tonight, at the end of festivities, I could finally pull it out (fnarr). 
The relief is incredible but must admit that I will miss it!