Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

3 hours ago, throbber said:

One of my childhood friends Dad died the other day, which was sad to hear but it reminded me of a very strange thing he did one time I was staying at his house when I was about 10 years old in the 90’s. I was staying there one weekend and on the Saturday night I called my mom from the house phone, the conversation was fairly normal and then the dad approached me afterwards and told me to come into his office where he then proceeded to play back the phone conversation I had with my mother as if it was something incredibly intriguing to him. I never told anyone about it for years after but when I did the reactions were fairly mixed with some people thinking he was probably a wrong un and some people giving him the benefit of the doubt, I personally think it was an odd as f**k thing to do and could have been incredibly awkward if my mum had slagged him off in some way which was a genuine possibility as she thought he was a weirdo. 

Redacted. 

Edited by Busta Nut
Went a bit daft

1 minute ago, Busta Nut said:

You are right. apologies

Nothing untoward happened apart from what i said and I never felt uneasy when at their house., he never struck me as a beast and at the time I was hearing the conversation back I was more concerned I had said something rude about my hosts than anything else. But fucking hell it’s a weird thing for him to have done.

2 hours ago, throbber said:

Well he was sat in his office and in the room next to it was a phone so I asked to use the phone then after the conversation he invited me into the next room and played it back to me with a big smirk on his face.

"So, young Throbber, if I were to delete this incriminating conversation in which you profess that you 'love' your mother, what would it be worth to you?"

That is just weird. Had you called him a dick in a prior call from their house, or something? That just seems like a very "I know what you said, and you know what you said, and now you know that I know what you said" situation.

Nothing untoward happened apart from what i said and I never felt uneasy when at their house., he never struck me as a beast and at the time I was hearing the conversation back I was more concerned I had said something rude about my hosts than anything else. But fucking hell it’s a weird thing for him to have done.
Has this boy ever played pool against Philpy?

2 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:
27 minutes ago, throbber said:

Has this boy ever played pool against Philpy?

He would have to actually exist outside of throbbers head first.

13 minutes ago, BFTD said:

"So, young Throbber, if I were to delete this incriminating conversation in which you profess that you 'love' your mother, what would it be worth to you?"

That is just weird. Had you called him a dick in a prior call from their house, or something? That just seems like a very "I know what you said, and you know what you said, and now you know that I know what you said" situation.

Well there could have been a time when I was on phone to my mum and she would say “I can come get you if you want” and I would say yeah okay just in case he was in earshot but I can’t remember if that ever happened. f**k knows what he was playing at but it’s just one of those incredibly odd things I suppose.

4 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

He would have to actually exist outside of throbbers head first.

I’m surprised it’s taken this long for some wisecracker to come on and accuse me of making this up tbh, you and your gang are usually quicker off the mark.

3 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Gutted I missed what Busta said. I have my assumptions but best not to say.

He used rather graphic language to suggest I had been molested. 

3 hours ago, throbber said:

Just that it might not have been sinister and he had just figured out how to do using some technology that was fancy for the 90’s. I’d imagine most parents I know would have a thing or two to say about it if it happened in current times.

You're probably right, just showing off his new toy in a stunningly creepy but unaware way. Don't suppose you remember seeing a bottle of ether on the mantlepiece?

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, Shandön Par said:

The mowing is what keeps him going. Keeping the grass between 0.8 and 1.1 inches long at all times is one of the primary weapons in his "wooing back Moira" armoury,

Going to take a lot more than an average of just under an inch to get Moira back tbf.

35 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
41 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:
Gutted I missed what Busta said. I have my assumptions but best not to say.

Your assumption will be correct. Although his directness was surprising

Yes it was most unpleasant. If he’d come out with it irl it would be one of those comments that all parties involved would pretend never happened.

Just now, Shandön Par said:

And was it this uncle Rolf who taught you how to draw your nice pictures?

Nope, although he was an art enthusiast and his wife used to draw paintings using her mouth rather than her hands.