Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

13 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

And what do they have the Dunfermline fan doing?

I think Setanta had the broadcast rights the last time the Parse were in the top division but it's so long ago I can't remember.

It was Sky, I believe. But still, at least your not rattled about it all anyway. 

13 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I read they're going to put up a Thatcher statue in Grantham so perhaps someone is trying to save money by nicking that one.

An egg throwing contest has been organised for that.

Bought a new television this afternoon, due to be delivered on Monday.

After work my girlfriend decided to try and rearrange the living room. She decided to yank the tv power cable, which was trapped under the unit and has ripped it in two.

We are currently watching Netflix on a laptop as she try’s to persuade John Lewis to bring the delivery date forward to tomorrow.

17 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Bought a new television this afternoon, due to be delivered on Monday.

After work my girlfriend decided to try and rearrange the living room. She decided to yank the tv power cable, which was trapped under the unit and has ripped it in two.

We are currently watching Netflix on a laptop as she try’s to persuade John Lewis to bring the delivery date forward to tomorrow.

If she explains to them why she needs the new TV tomorrow - i.e. that she ripped the cable in half - they won't dare not deliver it.

If she explains to them why she needs the new TV tomorrow - i.e. that she ripped the cable in half - they won't dare not deliver it.

To be honest my first reaction was not to worry I’ll nip to curry’s and get a new cable.

I got to curry’s at 5 past 6.
Curry’s shut at 6.

To be honest my first reaction was not to worry I’ll nip to curry’s and get a new cable.

I got to curry’s at 5 past 6.

Curry’s shut at 6.

Do you not have boxes of cables in the loft?

Can you not borrow the required cable from another appliance? Is it a figure of 8 cable?

Also, who has ever ripped a power cable in half?

Do you not have boxes of cables in the loft? 
Can you not borrow the required cable from another appliance? Is it a figure of 8 cable?

Also, who has ever ripped a power cable in half?

Unfortunately not, my box of wires and cables is still in my old bedroom at my parents.

I have no idea how, I can only presume it was jammed under the television unit and slightly worn, before she’s Yanked it completely.

Greg McHugh (Gary Tank Commander) had a wee cameo in Still Game S1. He went to visit the auld guy next to Winston in the hospital (the auld guy later featured as Wullie). Another one from GTC was the guy with the exotic animals in Heavy Petting.

And Rab's drinking buddies (forget their names) both featured in a couple of Still Game episodes as well as the woman who played Ella.

There are probably a few more as well.

1 hour ago, MixuFruit said:

Have often wondered about the supporting cast of burnistoun, limmy, still game, Gary tank commander etc. rarely having any crossover, is it just work is so sparse in Scotland that they stick to giving work to their mates?

I know one of the Burnistoun actresses is Rab Florence's niece.

Flipping through Spotify - found the Radio 6Music: 100 Greatest hits playlist. Realsing how much of that content I've owned and enjoyed over the years, just seeing it all in one place like that made me very aware of how much a middle class, middle age w****r I truly am.

Edited by renton

10 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Article in today's paper re. Ibrox disaster and how lessons from near identical incident in 1961 were not heeded.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2020/dec/03/rangers-football-forgotten-tragedy-ibrox-stadium-disaster-glasgow

Shocking stuff.