Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

1 minute ago, Snafu said:

That's alright, looks like I dodged that one.

Accidentally swallowed some raw chicken at lunchtime.

I will make sure you have no delayed reactions before disclosing just how badly it fucked up someone in knew.

6 minutes ago, Snafu said:

That's alright, looks like I dodged that one.

Accidentally swallowed some raw chicken at lunchtime.

12-24 hours incubation for salmonella. 

You may have spoken too soon. 

On the plus side, if you're a fatty it's a rapid way to lose weight. 

49 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Yeah, the bacteria are capable of doing some lifelong damage to brain and organs.

First time that this has ever happened, if I start getting pains I will phone for an ambulance as I'm by myself and also I will stay on here until midnight as long as nothing happens.

I was pretty stressed out after coming home from the town, I'm not used to so many people in shops and the social distancing was non existent. I bought some Southern Fried Chicken and decided to have this for lunch, the instructions said 15 minutes, so after 15 minutes out it came and into a sandwich which I ate half before realising the middle wasn't cooked. In fact most of it wasn't cooked. So shit, gotta wait and see.

I'm going back to vegetarianism in the new year, eating meat these days is like playing Russian roulette.

All the best, hopefully just a dose of the shits at worst.

5 hours ago, Robin.Hood said:

That's quite fucked up. I also heard this song the other day.

Carry on 

I think it was on Heart at around 1800 on Wednesday evening and I was driving, it is a rather potent song and I was in a strange mood as had a hectic day of work and had just heard of Diego passing away.

21 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Everything seems normal, nothing unusual.

good morning Reaction GIFs

About 30 years ago I met a guy I knew in Edinburgh, he must have been mid-30s. He’d lost significant weight, was walking with a stick and looked far older; all down to eating raw chicken.  I think he made a full recovery.

I bought some Southern Fried Chicken and decided to have this for lunch, the instructions said 15 minutes, so after 15 minutes out it came and into a sandwich which I ate half before realising the middle wasn't cooked. In fact most of it wasn't cooked. So shit, gotta wait and see.
I'm going back to vegetarianism in the new year, eating meat these days is like playing Russian roulette.

If it was a cut of chicken then you'll be fine, the inside of muscles are sterile which is why restaurants are allowed to sell rare steaks. With burgers and nonsense like chicken nuggets that's obviously not the car and they should be cooked through.

Most meat related food poisoning comes from surface bacteria being transferred to food which is consumed raw or cooked at a lower temperature. The reason chicken gets a bad rep is from Sunday roasts where the cook gets their hands/knife/chopping board coated in bacteria from the surface of the chicken and then doesn't wash up before making a salad. That's why every commercial kitchen has clearly colour coded items to avoid cross-contamination.

The vast majority of E. coli cases are traced back to herbs, berries or lettuce which have not been washed properly.

Tl;dr 1. Vegetarianism is not a solution, 2. Don't eat shitey reconstituted meat. 3. Wash yourself, utensils and raw food.

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

We could do with a few nights hard frost, it will kill of the garden pests. It has been said that with our mild winters that in some places on the west coast midges have grown to the size of terriers and now bark at the tourists before going for them.

Side effects of food poisoning, making exaggerated claims on football chat sites.