Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I've seen lots of adverts for Trailer Park Boys and seen folk here say it's quality, but anytime I see that guy with the big glasses that magnify his eyes I instantly think the humor is Mrs Brown's Boys level of absolute shite, as 'big glasses' is absolutely 'When The Whistle Blows' level of 'banter'.

Yesterday was one of the worse days of my life,my father in law passed away suddenly and my wife is heartbroken.He was a true gent and would have given a stranger his last penny if they needed it.

I ken it’s an overused platitude but, genuinely Keith, my thoughts are with you and yours

Some shitebag of a gangbanger pointed a gun at my middle stepdaughter as she was getting home tonight. Not only am I terrified, angry, frustrated, furious, psychotic, relieved she’s ok, confused, emasculated, mad bad and dangerous to know right now, I am full on Liam Neeson ( wish I could post the gif)

If I find him I WILL kill him

I've seen lots of adverts for Trailer Park Boys and seen folk here say it's quality, but anytime I see that guy with the big glasses that magnify his eyes I instantly think the humor is Mrs Brown's Boys level of absolute shite, as 'big glasses' is absolutely 'When The Whistle Blows' level of 'banter'.
It is quality and absolutely nowhere near Mrs Browns Boys level. You are just going to have to accept that you are wrong on this one.
Some shitebag of a gangbanger pointed a gun at my middle stepdaughter as she was getting home tonight. Not only am I terrified, angry, frustrated, furious, psychotic, relieved she’s ok, confused, emasculated, mad bad and dangerous to know right now, I am full on Liam Neeson ( wish I could post the gif)

I would stay out of that one brother. Life is cheap over there as you know.

3 hours ago, Raidernation said:

I've often wondered why none of the American based posters have posted something along these lines. Glad she's okay and I would suggest that as difficult as it is (and perhaps sounds a bit condescending) that you control your emotions. 

The main thing is your daughter is fine. Don't go getting yourself shot as the shite bag might not be as much of one when actually confronted. 

4 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Glad your daughter is okay, that's the main thing, I would advise caution however phone the polis and let them deal with it.

What Bairnardo said really. Funny you should say that though as I had similar thoughts when I saw the image: "Big goofy glasses, how hilarious". It really isn't used as a gimmick though and the writing of TPB is superb. Though I think a lot of it is off the cuff. It's an excellent Sitcom and my personal second favourite after Sunny in Philly.

I would say it changes a fair bit from S1 so stick with it as S1 I found to be a bit slow at times.

If you do decide to watch it I expect you to come back and feel shame for your comparing it to such shite 8)

Fuckin hell. I know some folk are surprised something along these lines hasn’t been posted by one of our American dwelling posters but the fact shit like that goes on in places blows my fucking mind man. c***s cutting about with actual guns ready to intimidate strangers? Glad she’s presumably no more than shaken up. Hopefully the next person that fud sticks a gun takes it off him and batters his head in with it, shitebag.

7 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Spoiler

M6JM4Fp.png

1 hour ago, MixuFruit said:

Not too bothered so long as they let non paying visitors have a nosey around. Most of the Paradores in Spain aren't ridiculously expensive, and if it pays for the upkeep and maintenance, well and good, so long as they don't go full disneyfication. 

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Not too bothered so long as they let non paying visitors have a nosey around. Most of the Paradores in Spain aren't ridiculously expensive, and if it pays for the upkeep and maintenance, well and good, so long as they don't go full disneyfication. 

I attended a conference at the one noted in Santiago de Compostela.  Incredible building.  

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I attended a conference at the one noted in Santiago de Compostela.  Incredible building.  

£85 for a standard double. Stayed round the corner from it for a few months doing an English teaching course. Did you go to the Witches Bar?

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

£85 for a standard double. Stayed round the corner from it for a few months doing an English teaching course. Did you go to the Witches Bar?

It as over 30 years ago so I wouldn’t know.