Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

If someone could make the necessary photoshopping adjustments to insert "cock" into the relevant parts of the song title, we can then @ Neil Doncaster for his approval.

Banana cock? 

We’ll just have to take your word for it.

1 hour ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I once saw the Wombles play at Glastonbury and they played Wombling Merry Christmas in their encore. Very surreal watching it on a scorching June day.

B4A606FC-748A-4A89-9E22-C14D6683617C.jpeg

Brian Wilson played a Xmas song during his 2005 set.

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

A mate told me years ago they took their name from a line in a Bing Crosby film but I now find out this was a fib they told the press 

Bing sings...as do the Chain 

I gather there is a few theories as to the origin of their name. Given how slightly odd the brothers appear to be it could quite probably be any of them or none at all. 

I’m having my first (and hopefully last) Zoom call on Wednesday and am concerned as I have no bookcases in my office to sit in front of.

Don’t go for the bookcase background, that is so predictable. You can change the background to anything you want. Have something like an underground lair image, add a sense of mystery.

1 hour ago, buchan30 said:

Don’t go for the bookcase background, that is so predictable. You can change the background to anything you want. Have something like an underground lair image, add a sense of mystery.

When you say "underground lair" Buchan you really mean "sex dungeon" don't you...?! :lol:

12 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I’m having my first (and hopefully last) Zoom call on Wednesday and am concerned as I have no bookcases in my office to sit in front of.

I'm sure M&S will have a pre pack one, your wife could pick it up and bring it home on the bus, no?

16 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I once saw the Wombles play at Glastonbury and they played Wombling Merry Christmas in their encore. Very surreal watching it on a scorching June day.

I used to think that any kids being taken to see the Wombles play would shit themselves as instead of these small cuddly furry creatures they've seen on TV, they get hulking great monsters over six feet tall.

13 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

57 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I'm sure M&S will have a pre pack one, your wife could pick it up and bring it home on the bus, no?

24 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

What does that even mean?

18 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Wife went to M&S to order Christmas food only to be told the dressed lobster has “sold out” and there won’t be any more available.

I am incandescent with rage and realise that there’s not a suitable thread on here as this is not ‘petty’.

16 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Did you fume all the way home in the car?

15 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

No I was at work, she got the bus.

Never been so excited to see a 'welcome to Moray' roadsign.  For a split second I had a hallucination of a giant flashing neon sign saying "welcome to Tier 1, watch football over a draught pint here". 

Thoughts go out to the P&Bers of Glasgow of course. 

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

I used to think that any kids being taken to see the Wombles play would shit themselves as instead of these small cuddly furry creatures they've seen on TV, they get hulking great monsters over six feet tall.

My mate got taken at an early age to see the "Wombles" play. Unfortunately in his case it was Wimbledon FC although the "hulking great monsters" reference is apt.

23 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

My mate got taken at an early age to see the "Wombles" play. Unfortunately in his case it was Wimbledon FC although the "hulking great monsters" reference is apt.

Apart from Dennis Wise, presumably.

2 hours ago, GordonD said:

That's what happened to @Bigmouth Strikes Again.