Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

23 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It was quite an image change when Chris Speeding joined The Wombles, but he retained a liking for the Flying V.df25ce9a9ac2d09512d7319006e8ae7a.jpg

You never know who is in those furry suits. Like the time a “bad boy” Dunfermline player did his customary pre-match ritual on Sammy the Tammy, only to discover that the regular Sammy had been replaced by a young girl that week.

4 hours ago, Shandön Par said:

I can just about let The Wombles off with Wombling Merry Christmas as they have such a strong body of work in general but I wish Christmas, Christmas songs, decorations, jumpers etc would piss off. Shane McGowan went to Westminster School too. 

I once saw the Wombles play at Glastonbury and they played Wombling Merry Christmas in their encore. Very surreal watching it on a scorching June day.

B4A606FC-748A-4A89-9E22-C14D6683617C.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

You never know who is in those furry suits. Like the time a “bad boy” Dunfermline player did his customary pre-match ritual on Sammy the Tammy, only to discover that the regular Sammy had been replaced by a young girl that week.

How bad was his rep? 

Before the mascot incident

32 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

This Christmas song chat just reminded me of Annan Athletic playing "Another Rock and Roll Christmas" by Gary Glitter over the tannoy a few years back

The news still probably hadn't reached that part of the country.

Surprised to see no mention of Last Christmas...

2 hours ago, Shandön Par said:

Just had a cheese and ham panini there. Tasted really fishy so thought the ham was off. Turns out it was a tuna melt. Absolutely boak-inducing. Can't believe folk eat them through choice.

Tuna melts are delicious you fucking heathen. 

16 minutes ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:

Having just discovered The Jesus and Mary Chain's music - I was aware of their existence but not their sound - I'm now wishing this happened years ago. 

f**k me, they're good. 

A mate told me years ago they took their name from a line in a Bing Crosby film but I now find out this was a fib they told the press 

Bing sings...as do the Chain 

Edited by tamthebam
Bloody predictive text

52 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I once saw the Wombles play at Glastonbury and they played Wombling Merry Christmas in their encore. Very surreal watching it on a scorching June day.

If someone could make the necessary photoshopping adjustments to insert "cock" into the relevant parts of the song title, we can then @ Neil Doncaster for his approval.

58 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Used to listen to The Wombles’ Christmas Party album every night as a young kid to put me to sleep. Must be why I can’t stand Christmas now as an adult.