Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

It's quicker to go from Edinburgh to London by train than it is from Inverness to Wick.

Although it would be a fairer competition if the London train stopped In Musselburgh, Wallyford, Drem, Dunbar, Innerwick, Cockburnspath, Reston ... etc..... harringay, Finsbury Park, Kings Cross

6 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Although it would be a fairer competition if the London train stopped In Musselburgh, Wallyford, Drem, Dunbar, Innerwick, Cockburnspath, Reston ... etc..... harringay, Finsbury Park, Kings Cross

I think Drem is on the North Berwick branch line and some London trains do stop at Dunbar but good point anyway.

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:

It's quicker to go from Edinburgh to London by train than it is from Inverness to Wick.

There was a similar comparison a couple of days ago about Edinburgh > London and the rocket heading to the ISS.

The ISS distance is the shorter in a straight line but the Edin/Lon train is quicker.

5 hours ago, Shandön Par said:

Until tomorrow..

Forgot to bring it home tonight so now it’s parked in Edinburgh and mean to be in Dunfermline first thing. Mrs Par and Par Jr keep asking “how can you be so thick?”.

... How did you manage this? 

18 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Nah that's shite.

I want to avoid the sign-up to our services prices, the massive tech giants listening in, tailoring adverts and recommendations etc.

I want my kids to feel like they own something when they like an artist or a band. Something you can hold and cherish.

Like i said originally, we're going to get her the echo - because there's no clear alternative. But i think doing everything online does mean you lose a certain quality.

Still pisses me off that i stupidly bought a car that can't play cd's. I've got plenty of tunes on my phone but it's not the same as going through a whole album (and yeah i know you can do this too but I've not been able to get that sorted in my life yet).

Worth checking out Sonos, they're compatible with many music apps, but more importantly i'm fairly sure you can set it up to play music through less life intrusive methods. 

More expensive, but probably less buggy than Echo devices.

I'm comparing the reality people face though, which is what actually matters.

1 hour ago, MixuFruit said:

Could they not just not play it cos it's old and shite?

download.jpeg.f04c1c34e1fbe172fb817b5e5fed51af.jpeg

Some of my best times were had at the student union as the DJ blasted out Fairytale of New York before closing time.

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo