Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

@ScottishSun 

Man 'led women around Stirling on leads like dogs while wearing gimp masks'

https://t.co/5iS3EVdiRD https://t.co/nQP3UMCT0t

I once took a girlfriend to Stirling for a day out. I thought that was humiliating and degrading enough in itself without adding fancy dress.

Give yourself a shake. In what way are CDs and cassettes not tech?
You're circling the "I want my kids to grow up like I did" drain. Everybody has always felt sorry for the kids with those parents, and it doesn't sound like you grew up with only your parents' Glenn Miller 78s for company.
Nah that's shite.

I want to avoid the sign-up to our services prices, the massive tech giants listening in, tailoring adverts and recommendations etc.

I want my kids to feel like they own something when they like an artist or a band. Something you can hold and cherish.

Like i said originally, we're going to get her the echo - because there's no clear alternative. But i think doing everything online does mean you lose a certain quality.

Still pisses me off that i stupidly bought a car that can't play cd's. I've got plenty of tunes on my phone but it's not the same as going through a whole album (and yeah i know you can do this too but I've not been able to get that sorted in my life yet).

Had a visit from the transport police earlier. Totally forgot I’d left my car unlocked on some Network Rail land under a bridge earlier in the day so car cleaner could do his magic out of the rain. Surprised by how excited they were to have investigated and solved the mystery, as was the Network Rail boy guarding this mystery vehicle. At least they never blew it up.

D2F623B2-81E1-4050-BA2B-51A86E17A7A4.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

Had a visit from the transport police earlier. Totally forgot I’d left my car unlocked on some Network Rail land under a bridge earlier in the day so car cleaner could do his magic out of the rain. Surprised by how excited they were to have investigated and solved the mystery, as was the Network Rail boy guarding this mystery vehicle. At least they never blew it up.

Another case wrapped up for their Christmas bonus!

34 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

Surely you can come up with a better excuse than that?

1 hour ago, Shandön Par said:

It's just as well you didn't leave any of your footwear in the car or they would have blown it up to protect the public

30 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

1st world problems thread for this pish, leave your shitty car to get nicked for insurance and the cops find it first.

They said my car was “very nice”. It’s off to get sold in the morning though if I can find any of the owner documents etc.

32 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Still got the GTI?

Until tomorrow..

Forgot to bring it home tonight so now it’s parked in Edinburgh and mean to be in Dunfermline first thing. Mrs Par and Par Jr keep asking “how can you be so thick?”.

A tablet with suitable child locks and a bluetooth speaker is faaaaar less of an issue than voluntarily putting an always on microphone hooked up to Amazon in her room.

That's probably true, but it makes it harder to control her screen time, and it's generally more complex. I'm pretty reliant on my missus organising these things.

8 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

Until tomorrow..

Forgot to bring it home tonight so now it’s parked in Edinburgh and mean to be in Dunfermline first thing. Mrs Par and Par Jr keep asking “how can you be so thick?”.

I'll give you a pound for it and go and get it.