Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

6 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

Not having that. It pished down for two days solid and before, during and after our (top of the table) game at East End... 

The Costa del Kinghorn has it's own micro-climate, I've seen it piss down in Burntisland and Kirkcaldy yet the village would be bone dry.

17 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

The Costa del Kinghorn has it's own micro-climate, I've seen it piss down in Burntisland and Kirkcaldy yet the village would be bone dry.

The village was in Fife, always thought that it was in Wales.

Cheers Zed. 

The modern world is pissing me off right now.

My wife is suggesting we get our 7 year old daughter an amazon echo dot for her room. Every instinct in my body is against it because i think they're so wanky, and I'm trying to keep my kids grounded and not addicted to tech.

But i want her to love music, and there doesn't seem to be any other way to make that happen. It's the way of the world but i want to wind back time and get her a cd player or a walkman.

41 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

My wife is suggesting we get our 7 year old daughter an amazon echo dot for her room. Every instinct in my body is against it because i think they're so wanky, and I'm trying to keep my kids grounded and not addicted to tech.

But i want her to love music, and there doesn't seem to be any other way to make that happen. It's the way of the world but i want to wind back time and get her a cd player or a walkman.

Couple of Christmases ago one of our sons got us an Echo, best gift we’ve had for a long time.

42 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Can't you just get her a DAB radio to begin with? There's tons of channels on it so she'd have a good selection of music to get her started.

That’s a fast tracking to a bullying for being a LOSER. Get her an Echo and try and sneak in some of your auld man shite so you can live with it.

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

Dansette

If it's not on 45 it's shite! 

7 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Give yourself a shake. In what way are CDs and cassettes not tech?

You're circling the "I want my kids to grow up like I did" drain. Everybody has always felt sorry for the kids with those parents, and it doesn't sound like you grew up with only your parents' Glenn Miller 78s for company.

Went for a bowel scan yesterday. The procedure itself was only slightly uncomfortable and lasted about 20 minutes, I was more concerned about being in a Covid factory for the guts of 2 hours. (Probably very unfair to the hospital but some of the horror stories I've heard about people catching Covid after hospital admissions/consultations/treatments made me concerned, particularly with my conditions.)

Wore a mask at all times - of course, as did all staff, other patients and workmen - most uncomfortable, I can't really wear a mask for that length of time. Washed/sanitised my hands at every opportunity. Kept the windows open in the car both coming and going to get an airflow in the car, and wore a mask (one of my step daughters gave me a lift).

Got in the house, washed my hands again, stripped off and changed my clothes and put everything I wore into the washing machine (including slippers and dressing gown and jacket).

Went for a bowel scan yesterday. The procedure itself was only slightly uncomfortable and lasted about 20 minutes, I was more concerned about being in a Covid factory for the guts of 2 hours. (Probably very unfair to the hospital but some of the horror stories I've heard about people catching Covid after hospital admissions/consultations/treatments made me concerned, particularly with my conditions.)

Wore a mask at all times - of course, as did all staff, other patients and workmen - most uncomfortable, I can't really wear a mask for that length of time. Washed/sanitised my hands at every opportunity. Kept the windows open in the car both coming and going to get an airflow in the car, and wore a mask (one of my step daughters gave me a lift).

Got in the house, washed my hands again, stripped off and changed my clothes and put everything I wore into the washing machine (including slippers and dressing gown and jacket).

Nothing wrong with that. I do the same everyday when i come home from work. I even used to flash spray my badge and lanyard and trainers. I know they masks are a pain and uncomfortable, could you not get one of the visor/face-shields? They are less restrictive.

1 minute ago, buchan30 said:

Nothing wrong with that. I do the same everyday when i come home from work. I even used to flash spray my badge and lanyard and trainers. I know they masks are a pain and uncomfortable, could you not get one of the visor/face-shields? They are less restrictive.

I'm not out that often, usually don't have to wear a mask for longer than 20 minutes, when I am (very occasionally) in a shop.

If I'm just going to the dump Civic Amenity Recycling Facility I don't bother, I'm in the open air and there's nobody near me. Mind you I have a stash of masks in the glove compartment.

Jack works part time on a chicken farm, and has to strip off at the back door every night to get his clothes in the wash on pain of being thrown out of the house by his mother. (That might be a slight exaggeration.)

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Why have Sainsburys even bothered to reply to those racists? And why does the paper not display who the racist Tweets are from? Get the twats named and shamed.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa