Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

1 hour ago, MixuFruit said:

Liz Phair:

Liz Phair announces dates (NYC & NJ shows on sale)

There was a guy at our school with a similar surname - Johnny Phairs. I don't think he was the smartest of chaps and wrote the first letter of his surname in reverse and was then forever known as Johnny 9 hairs. 

19 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
19 hours ago, Dee Man said:
My wife and I met a Scottish couple while out at a Chinese restaurant on Saturday night. After asking if we smoked weed (to which the wife replied in the affirmative - I can't hack it anymore) the guy pulled out a massive plastic ziplock bag which probably had at least 3oz in it and gave the wife a handful. It's still sitting in her handbag untouched. 

I dint really know how prevalent weed smoking is these days, but I genuinely wish I could do it. I have for my entire working life worked under the threat of D&A testing. If I didnt, I defninely would be giving it a go. Despite dabbling higher up the alphabet in my younger days, I havent really tried it many times. I cant really see a down side other than having to smoke.

Meanwhile in Amsterdam... My neighbours current crop, he's usually nice enough to offer some free samples. 

IMG_20200922_103355.jpg

17 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

That's covered by having to smoke, which is fucking stinking in all its guises. 

My theoretical dalliances with the grass would only ever be at night, at home with no intention of going anywhere or having anyone see/smell me. 

I wonder if it ever becomes legal, which seems at least plausible, how will it be treated in regards to D&A testing. Will workplaces be forced to accept a tolerable level rather than zero? 

My brother who works in trades tells me that a significant proportion of his colleagues smoke weed wherever he goes.  However, they've cut back big time just now as a number of firms are evidently currently going OTT on drugs testing in the hope they can just fire folk rather than go down the redundancy route with all the compensation that entails.

8 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

My brother who works in trades tells me that a significant proportion of his colleagues smoke weed wherever he goes.  However, they've cut back big time just now as a number of firms are evidently currently going OTT on drugs testing in the hope they can just fire folk rather than go down the redundancy route with all the compensation that entails.

When I worked in the building trade, just as many folk smoked weed as didn’t smoke it it seemed. Most trades are self employed folk, so have little to worry about in terms of getting sacked. For anyone who’s on the company books, I think there’s something under UK or European employment law that requires an employer to offer or provide professional help to their employee before they can sack someone for a drugs/alcohol issue.

21 minutes ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Popped by Asda Stenhousemuir on my way home and passed the bog roll shelves and noticed the shelves almost empty 🙄

People are fucking idiots, you'd think the same people would still have enough from their March stash 😂

I did warn you...

On 21/09/2020 at 12:13, Jacksgranda said:

Anyway, if there is a further shortage of toilet roll, you know who to blame - youngest stepdaughter has just had 45 rolls deliverd here. I don't know if we'll get any or if their all for her house.